TT's 40b

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:brows:

If I can find it, I should post the photo of my calibration solutions... It's ridiculous.

I was hoping for a video or photo update ,How's it looking?

I've added 7.5 grams of kno3 into my solution,gotta keep the nitrates minimal for the rams & the lud. arucata..
Might have a video update by the weekend & could post some pics tonite..

sit in silence...

I've added 7.5 grams of kno3 into my solution,gotta keep the nitrates minimal for the rams & the lud. arucata..
Might have a video update by the weekend & could post some pics tonite..

sit in silence...
Nice, I'll be waiting!

Now that you're adding kno3, be prepared to bump up the co2 output, as the demand for it will definitely increase. You should see faster growth and a lot more pearling, too.

Regarding nitrate levels- I've read from reliable sources that nitrates from dosing kno3 are not nearly as harmful as nitrates from the processing of fish waste and decaying organic matter etc. It has even been suggested that it's not the presence of dissolved no3 that is harmful, it's just that high no3 happens to be indicative of overall poor water quality. Tom Barr claims he has kept Discus in water dosed to 50 ppm nitrates with zero issues. (I assume this includes plenty of water changes to keep the water pristine, but also followed directly by large macro doses)

If nitrates were bottoming out previously, I would suggest dosing the full EI amount. For maximum fish health, 50% weekly changes should cut it. Instead of limiting your no3 dosage, why not add some extra water changes for peace of mind? My two cents. Also, the color of healthy l. arcuata will be determined by the light level. Limiting no3 will make it show red only because it is less healthy, not more healthy, since the production of chlorophyll decreases when nitrates are limited.

Nice, I'll be waiting!

Now that you're adding kno3, be prepared to bump up the co2 output, as the demand for it will definitely increase. You should see faster growth and a lot more pearling, too.

Regarding nitrate levels- I've read from reliable sources that nitrates from dosing kno3 are not nearly as harmful as nitrates from the processing of fish waste and decaying organic matter etc. It has even been suggested that it's not the presence of dissolved no3 that is harmful, it's just that high no3 happens to be indicative of overall poor water quality. Tom Barr claims he has kept Discus in water dosed to 50 ppm nitrates with zero issues. (I assume this includes plenty of water changes to keep the water pristine, but also followed directly by large macro doses)

If nitrates were bottoming out previously, I would suggest dosing the full EI amount. For maximum fish health, 50% weekly changes should cut it. Instead of limiting your no3 dosage, why not add some extra water changes for peace of mind? My two cents. Also, the color of healthy l. arcuata will be determined by the light level. Limiting no3 will make it show red only because it is less healthy, not more healthy, since the production of chlorophyll decreases when nitrates are limited.

Pearls I tell ya...Pearls! Thx for the advice PD!

sit in silence...

The diatoms seem to be on the decline,actually I think the Fox has em on the run..
Looking forward to baby bn's arriving tomorrow(Ryno)...
Monte Carlo is trending in the right direction,dhg belem on the move,octopus has hit the surface for the 3rd time,macranda looks awesome,lud. sp red is taking off,staurs now look the best they've ever looked,rotala mini butterfly growing,stellatus showing great color,aromatica looks good,pogo erectus growing nice&compact...
The ar has a nice deep red coloration...
No pics,I'm still working at the moment(in between tri-ax dump trucks)...

sit in silence...

Tell them Tom's who's boss!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ill bet those lil dudes are enjoying that palatial spread for a new home. Wow man, your crushing it over there! Did they disappear quickly?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

FTS is killer man. I have a pair of Abn plecos and sometimes there are like Bulls in a china factory. Hence the reason for toothpicks. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ill bet those lil dudes are enjoying that palatial spread for a new home. Wow man, your crushing it over there! Did they disappear quickly?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thx for the kind words bruh!
Actually they're in a 10g w/the same water non-co2 planted tank for the time being..wanted to let adjust slowly to the water here,put a little size on them&add them to the 40b.
Special place in my heart for the bn's..

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

FTS is killer man. I have a pair of Abn plecos and sometimes there are like Bulls in a china factory. Hence the reason for toothpicks. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sup Pitt...Thx for big ups!
The chihiro doctor should be around the first of next week..
So we'll see what it's about...

Lil update,the doctor is scheduled to be in today...we'll see as I've been tricked before by usps before...

Can't beat rams and rummynose!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The Chihiros Doctor is in...uploading a short video of it running now to YouTube...
Very easy to assemble & developed using better than expected plastics..

sit in silence...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom