Typical Aquarium Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbarr

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was wondering what the average price for the following tanks are/should be:

30 gal. -
40 gal. -
55 gal. -
75 gal. -

Any help/input appreciated!

Don't know about the rest, but I just picked up a few 55's as "starter packages" for $160+tax each. That was the cheapest in my area.

The package included: tank, filter, heater, 5" net, hoods/lights, and some supplies.

The tank by itself from the same retailers runs $110+. I usually just keep the "starter" stuff as spares or QT/hospital/etc equipments.

My LFS is rediculous and a 30 all alone will run you $125. A 40 will run you $150 and a 55 cost us $185 for the tank. Unfortunately my local Walmart doesn't carry anything bigger than a 20 gallon so I never see descent prices.

i payed around $700 for my 75 (but i got better then the "basics")

this includes tank, all glass top, light, canopy, gravel, heater, canister filter and stand!

i paid 169.99 for my 75 gal tank with glass tops and a light strip at petsmart.

55 gallon kits are usually a little under $200.

But I'd check on Craigslist if it covers your area. You can easily find much cheaper tanks.

check around local stores, compare, prices range like crazy, if anyone is familiar with pet supplies plus that wanted like a butt load for a 75 and 125 gals with hoods and maybe a stand. them i checked out the lfs (gary's for toledoians) and it was half the price

just goes to show, look around

Invest in a bowfront tank. The effect is well worth the money if you can afford it. Plus the extra volume from the "bow" gives a few more gallons worth of water. You pay for what you get in this country, never forget that. That Wally World tank may be cheap, and that's because...well, it is.

the wal-mart price is cheap but so far the All Glass Aquarium brand hasn't given me too much to argue with. Granted its the silicon is a bit sloppy but it disapperas under substrate and adds a nice lighting effect to it if you catch the angle.

Back
Top Bottom