USPS shipping foobar!Really?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fish goin out!
4 girls getting packed up shortly for Poppa.
so Kansas
And 1 girl for Nils.
And North Carolina

It is heat pack time so let me know if the boxes(water) are warm enough upon arrival!
Fingers on both hands crossed!!

Fish goin out!
4 girls getting packed up shortly for Poppa.
so Kansas
And 1 girl for Nils.
And North Carolina

It is heat pack time so let me know if the boxes(water) are warm enough upon arrival!
Fingers on both hands crossed!!

Woot woot can't wait!! I'll let you know CB, don't worry!

All arrived well and beautiful. Theyre floatin for a few. I just got home. Thank you again, fine sir.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Welp.. i got one due in today from fresh in va.. seems to have lost its way:/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Got the ram today! She looks good, excellent packing! Heat pack was still warm, too. Have her in drip right now!

I missed closing time at the post office so I headed over to the UPS store. Right on their window is a sign saying they handle post office services. I get to the counter and ask for Priority Mail and had to explain what I was talking about. I got fully interragated about the contains of the box when I said it was liquid and fragile. She HAD to know the contents. Finally I said snails which I had to repeat a couple times do to her disbelief and I had to explain that I ship them all the time through the post office. The surcharge for shipping the package was high. I won't be doing that again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

All arrived well and beautiful. Theyre floatin for a few. I just got home. Thank you again, fine sir.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Your tracking actually said THURS. expected delivery this am when I checked!?:confused:
As usaull so glad they made it safe to you........:dance:
You know what to do!:cool:
Got the ram today! She looks good, excellent packing! Heat pack was still warm, too. Have her in drip right now!
Your tracking was on this am so I also am glad to see she made it to you safe.
I hope she settles in nice and your guy likes her!!!
Give them a week to get all comfy .
Thank you also.
Welp.. i got one due in today from fresh in va.. seems to have lost its way:/

So this am they said Poppas were scheduled for Thurs. delivery????
Better you then me!

Better you then me![/QUOTE]

Mines just plants so yup!! I'll take the juju:)

Better you then me!

Mines just plants so yup!! I'll take the juju:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app[/QUOTE]

Too cool!!Karma rules!!!!(y)
Octo plants I believe???:confused:

I do hope they make it to you all good, but you understand 'ram shipping'!!
or it seems the powers to be understand!!!
Funny how they can't even say the right thing 12 hours before it happens.....

I missed closing time at the post office so I headed over to the UPS store. Right on their window is a sign saying they handle post office services. I get to the counter and ask for Priority Mail and had to explain what I was talking about. I got fully interragated about the contains of the box when I said it was liquid and fragile. She HAD to know the contents. Finally I said snails which I had to repeat a couple times do to her disbelief and I had to explain that I ship them all the time through the post office. The surcharge for shipping the package was high. I won't be doing that again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Don't know if they still do but when I took packages to the UPS stations, they wanted the boxes left open until they inspected the contents and made sure the contents were packed properly for a safe delivery so UPS wasn't paying claims for damaged goods that were improperly packed. Then THEY sealed the boxes with their own tape. I wasn't shipping fish so I didn't care but it was a pain and UPS' policy.

Fish out to Ohio!!
1 male and 2 females with some tubifex worms,NLS,and blackworm flake food.

Fingers crossed,tracking will be pmd this evening..

Funny I would have thought Ohio to be quick shipping.
Tracking and receipt say Thurs delivery right off the rip??
So this box is starting off to take a day longer?
I asked what time they get picked up(third or fourth post office I have used) and they said 5 pm also.( tracking said 4:48 acceptance)
When I said everyone around here gets picked up at 5 huh ?
He said YUP.
I mentioned it was costing a day or at least 1/2 a day if they started moving stuff at noon,but the USPS isn't moving anything on Monday before 5....
Not in the Capital district area of NY.
The fish should be fine till Thursday easy IMO.

Tracking says fish were delivered today before noon!(placed on front porch)......:dance:
A day early is always better then a day late but hard to make plans on a date with these guys track record....:confused:
They do seem to be getting better for me?(y)

I wonder why they thought it would take an extra day??:nono:

Hoping the fish are well PG.(y)

Got the fish today all was well thank you sir even a day early !

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I think it'd be best to keep a tally on what states you ship to and how long it takes. Seems certain states have a backwards way of expediting packages.. like sending it to a sorting facility 2 states away;). Some things are simply not meant to be.. but some things are!!! Like a 24 hr. Ram delivery:D

This thread has turned out to be so much more then I would have thought.:rolleyes:

I sooo dig using it as a message to you all about our shipments on Monday morning but think Brook hit the home run with different regions and just 'basic postal behavior'.:brows:

For me much like my breeding "journals" which is how I date fry birth, this gives me a true view of shipping time and routing issues.
To actually say and see how long it takes for box(the same size every time)to go from NY to ..... has to be of some help to others.
I know(hope) I put PG at rest saying my rams would be good till thurs easy...
I sincerely believed they are good at least 24 hours past the heat pack(72 hour) EASY this time of year.

I right now feel comfortable shipping till Dec. the same way I am .(y)

Wish I had hot wire foam cutter though!:whistle:
I still think white foam sucks and is a real mess maker for me in my shop!....:banghead:

Back
Top Bottom