USPS shipping foobar!Really?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fishing line works well alsofor cutting styro. Ive even used metal fishing leads.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

This thread has turned out to be so much more then I would have thought.:rolleyes:

I sooo dig using it as a message to you all about our shipments on Monday morning but think Brook hit the home run with different regions and just 'basic postal behavior'.:brows:

For me much like my breeding "journals" which is how I date fry birth, this gives me a true view of shipping time and routing issues.
To actually say and see how long it takes for box(the same size every time)to go from NY to ..... has to be of some help to others.
I know(hope) I put PG at rest saying my rams would be good till thurs easy...
I sincerely believed they are good at least 24 hours past the heat pack(72 hour) EASY this time of year.

I right now feel comfortable shipping till Dec. the same way I am .(y)

Wish I had hot wire foam cutter though!:whistle:
I still think white foam sucks and is a real mess maker for me in my shop!....:banghead:

This is turning into a sort of Dewey decimal system for shipping!! ( not really but I wanted to use that phrase one more time before I die)
It's mapping the success/fail of shipping this country. We need to refine it some though?? Make it more a reference tool? Start " " to and from for quick searches??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Instead of the foam sheets could you use packing peanuts or something similar? When I got my BRS RO unit it came wrapped with a blue vacuum sealed bag filled with little 1/4" foam balls, I use these for plant protection, but they should work for fish. They might replace the newspaper too.

food for thought

I've seen phenomenal results with the spray recycled paper insulation. Blow a bit in the container, pack everything in, fill the box the rest of the way. The last order received was done this way, the water was still a bit over 70 despite no heat pack and chilly nights. Who knew?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Wish I had hot wire foam cutter though!:whistle:
I still think white foam sucks and is a real mess maker for me in my shop!...

We package some parts to ship at my work. I made a cutter out of some wire clothes hanger, bent it into a large triangle using the long side to cut, I would heat it with a torch but even laying it on a stove eye would do the job.

So fish shipping 'adventure' again?
USPS wasn't even open till 8:30 on my way to 'site' today.
So I kept fish in truck(warmer I am sure anyway), till around noon.
Finding a different PS(Amsterdam,NY) the clerk was unsure if "live fish" could be shipped!
At least he read my box....
His supervisor said I think they are ok since "the Dr." gets live fish..
Then she wondered if it was still the season!
I gave them the whole speel on heat pack,insulated properly package and protected with absorbanant and ...........
They said arrival on thurs.
Thinking NY and just slightly West doesn't add up right for them.
They said Thurs. last time to Ohio and fish arrived Weds. so we will see.

On SEASON I do not fear the cold more then postal delays,and THINKING I will NOT be shipping at all in Dec..
But we will see.
Tracking sent and fingers still crossed.

Silly coral.... Christmahakwanzika is 6 weeks away. Early presents for people??? Niiice.

Silly coral.... Christmahakwanzika is 6 weeks away. Early presents for people??? Niiice.

"Early" is the only way to ship fishmas presents.... don't want any poor critters stuck in holiday shipping delays....

Yeah after these next 10 pkgs... I think Im taking a hiatus from the PO.

"Early" is the only way to ship fishmas presents.... don't want any poor critters stuck in holiday shipping delays....

Yeah after these next 10 pkgs... I think Im taking a hiatus from the PO.

My exact thoughts on not shipping at all in Dec/early Jan......
(y)

I am hoping Dale is enjoying the moment and getting fish acclimated?

My BAD on not seeing VETRANS day as a shipping obstacle but know my rams are all good eitherway with this shipment!

USPS Strikes again. Shipment to maine 1 day late... No updates on tracking #.... Its got me slightly worried... Ders snow up there. I used styro med shipping container and 2-72hr heat packs... Hoping for the best.

USPS Strikes again. Shipment to maine 1 day late... No updates on tracking #.... Its got me slightly worried... Ders snow up there. I used styro med shipping container and 2-72hr heat packs... Hoping for the best.

Nah no snow yet but it's dropping below 30 at night. That's what I'm worried about.

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ann and I are at the post office ready to politely storm the desk....

Lol good fish hobbyist/bad fish hobbyist routine... Ann is going to do the polite talking because I don't have it in me right now ;) In the unlikely event someone needs the riot act I'm ready :mad:

Package sent out to IA today. 6"x6"x6" box with a little insulation on the bottom, a 40hour+ heat pack, then the plants, and filled to the top with more insulation. Lets see how this package goes...

Since it literally takes an act of congress to create a new post office we can complain to them about the terrible service right? lol

USPS east coast curse strikes again! this time with some shrimp for me!! This is nuts, 90% of east coast stuff gets delayed a day for me!:banghead::nono::banghead::banghead:

Back
Top Bottom