Wanting to start DIY co2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chess46

Aquarium Advice Regular
I would really like to try setting up a DIY on my 80 tank. I already have the tubing, (2) 2 liters, check valve, yeast, sugar, baking soda, and t valve but I have no idea what to use as a diffuser. Could anyone who has had success with this clue me in? Thanks

You said your tank is 80 gallons? The DIY route is usually recommended for 30 and under but u have 2 bottles on my 55 so let me know how it goes.

As far as diffusion, do you have a canister filter? If you do, you can just run the tubing into the intake. That's what I do.

What is your recipe? Because I have one that works great for me if you'd like to have it. It's on a web page that has the entire process super easy to follow

That website would be great. I do have a canister filter but how do I run it into the intake? I'm just using this method to hold me over until I get the real version.

Thank you so much

Also, do you add the yeast with the water still warm/hot or do you cool it to room temp first?

Mine has very very tiny slits but I will figure something out. Thank you very much. Are you currently using DIY?

How often are you changing them? And are you using the same recipe in both bottles?

Yes I use the same recipe in both bottles, I change them after two weeks sometimes three. It's a little different every time. The first time I did it, I was seeing bubbles within two hours.

What kind of lighting are you using on the 80g? DIY might only work in low to medium light levels.

80 watts of what? T5ho > PC > t8 > t12. The one watt per gallon rule was made as a rough estimate to be used with t8 and t12 lighting.

For instance you can grow almost anything in a 75g with one 54w t5ho and a good reflector. However the same amount of t8 wattage over a 75g would be lowlight.

I'm using 2 40 something watt t5's they aren't HO

Back
Top Bottom