Water parameters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
monday I realized i needed to top off my tank, tested my water at my quality LFS and there were both nitrites and nitrates.. my salinity was low so i topped of with a little more than a gallon of saltwater.. my water started looking better and I tested 0 for ammonia, 0 for nitrites and 10ppm for nitrates on tuesday.. today it was 0's across the board

what test kit are you using to test your water parameters with?

I got all of my live sand and half of my water straight from an LFS tank with a CUC in there from day 1

None of that would affect nitrates. Bacteria breaks down ammonia and nitrites, but not nitrates.

are you using tap water? or ro water that kinda looks like the start of green hair algae

That's some hair algae, not the kind we're talking about. You would've gotten it from someone if you had it.

It's nothing to worry about, the real cause is why you're reading nothing.

IMO, do another test and post your results, do a full workup

do you have alot of this algae? and when did it start growing in your tank because that could possibly be the reason you read 0 green hair algae consumes excess nutrients

to be honest i think that algae came on the rock-- i didnt notice it until i saw an emerald crab grubbin on it.. right now im capable of testing for ammnia, pH, Nitrite, and Nitrate.. post the results in a few

Back
Top Bottom