We are going for a different look!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gorgeous fish. What kind of tank you getting? I am in the middle of upgrading my 45 to a 125 while my wife is out of town for the week. Good thing because I don't think she would like the 150 gallon water trough that is sitting in the middle of our family room. :)

YAY! Couldn't resist it, bought it and it's now in my place ready to go!!

image-3077814063.jpg

We are going from a 68 gallon to a 145 gallon!!

That's nice only thing is the overflow box is clear? Are those bioballs in the picture...if I were you while its still empty paint the overflow somehow

Also can you put it on the other wall so the overflow is in the corner instead of the 1 viewable side pane

Do you know how much I've had to move to get the tank into that space?!? Lol!

I kind of like having the trickle filter on show, see things working!

Stupid cat, he better not try this when it's filled up!!

image-3543411476.jpg

But at least you guys can gauge from the picture how big the new tank is!

Fill it up with him in there, that ought to teach him it isn't for him! My cat never really messed with my tanks other than eating mangroves that were growing out of the top. Still haven't moved her into the new place though, so I'm not sure if she will decide to change her habits when I do. Congrats on the nice new tank, though! I wish I could upgrade like that, but my floors won't hold it where I live now.

I was worried my cat would get nosey with the 150 water trough sitting in my living room floor. That would be all I would need is to spend days making that much water only to have him ruin it before I can get it in the new tank. LOL But, so far he is staying away from it. He did come sit on the couch and watch as I was adding some salt to it this morning.

I'm going to have to get some sort of plastic grill to put over the top as he is a bit dumb!
This new tank is so much more technical then my other tank, hope I can get my head round it all!!

Can't wait to start making a new aquascape, this one is going to be even more special!!

Like the other guy said make sure to get something on the glass to the overflow, or that **** will fill up with algea

Sqasnatch said:
Like the other guy said make sure to get something on the glass to the overflow, or that **** will fill up with algea

+1. The algae gets nasty looking

Well it will fill up with algae anyway! I've got quite a large collection of coraline algae in my current tank so hopefully when I transfer the rock and ship that should start taking hold!

Also my rock display will hopefully cover most of that, going to try and create a canyon type effect with the ship in the middle

You can either move the LR from your old tank into the new one or start it from scratch. I wouldn't recommend using the old sand, just a mess either way. When I moved my 36 into my 55, which I did last night, I used one of the styrofoam containers that livestock gets shipped in. I filled it from water from the tank and straight moved my corals across the room in it. If i transfer my fish, it'll be by a similar process and my inverts will be also be transported by one of my styrofoam boxes, but the one that I use to drip acclimate.

For moving the LR over, make sure you have the livestock out before you move over any LR that is buried in the sand. Disrupting the sandbed can release nasty things into the water. This isn't just a deep sandbed thing, large amounts of detrius buildup around these rocks/sand can do nasty things if released into the water column.

Ahh, thanks for the advice about moving the rocks, what I'm planning to do is get new sand, fill up the tank, add new live rock (about half what I need) then once I know the tank has cycled, start transferring over my current LR and then livestock!

Stocking suggestions to add to my current crop?!
1 Koran angel
1 clown
1 cleaner wrasse
6 chromis
2 cleaner shrimp
1 blood shrimp

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom