We are going for a different look!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok so once I've got the new project up and running I've got a few suggestions of new tank mates- clown tang or a sailfin tang, and a blue cheek goby. What do you think?!

You ought to get lots of nano fish! You would have lots of schools, would look awesome.

Got a wicked bargain on this sand for the new tank, hopefully starting the project on the weekend so expect progress reports!

Looking good

FYI though,,clown tangs are difficult and i'd wait awhile for the new system to be up if you do try one

They are also venomous believe it or not :(. I never knew that until I read it in my book the other day by Bob Fenner. I never knew that a Tang could be venomous until I read that.

Also found out today they are mega aggressive so that's a no!! Any suggestions?! How about a sailfin?!

By the way there will be loads more rock going in once my current tank is emptied, plus the ship!

Ok so left the tank to settle over night and it's already looking nice and clear!

Need to set up the auto top off system!

image-3889542501.jpg

Once the rest of the rock comes across, I think there is around 50-55kg so I think that's around 120ilbs someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Lol, I think there will be an explosion of pictures in a couple of days as there is still things to transfer from the old tank!!

But definitely watch this space!

Ok I couldn't resist!! Here is the tank with 3/4 of the rock in! Still need to put the centre of the ship in and arrange, and need to put the rest of the rock in and arrange!

I like it..be cool if you could build an arch from one pile to other inbetween where the ships "broke" and what are you planning to put on the ship some type of encrusting coral?

There is a middle part to the ship that still isn't in there as its my Koran angels home in the other tank.

If you look to earlier on in the thread you can see how it was set in my other tank! But to do an arch over the top would be pretty amazing although a very tough task!

I'm keeping it FOWLR as I'm still very much a novice and it's a very expensive interest to get wrong!!

Depending on the rock you ordered you can drill/chisel holes in the rock and slide them down a pvc pipe bent to the shape of your arch making one solid piece

Back
Top Bottom