What a nightmare

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Potluck

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I got the plants in today and wow what a nightmare planting stems lol here are the pics it looks like junk right now but I'll be able to do more I think one they're rooted in, I didn't know if I was supposed to separate the pot of parva but I did hope I didn't kill it.
Plants https://imgur.com/gallery/mUG42

So I got the plants in today and wow what a nightmare planting stems lol here are the pics it looks like junk right now but I'll be able to do more I think one they're rooted in, I didn't know if I was supposed to separate the pot of parva but I did hope I didn't kill it.
Plants https://imgur.com/gallery/mUG42

You're likely going to see some big melting with those stems, L. repens?

The parva is fine, I hack n whack/slice n dice any crypts in a pot and they are always fine. Some melting is normal.

You're likely going to see some big melting with those stems, L. repens?

The parva is fine, I hack n whack/slice n dice any crypts in a pot and they are always fine. Some melting is normal.
The stems were a pain and yes L repens and moneywart (that's all bent over) hope it straightens up, it wouldn't stay in my substrate so I did the best I could until it roots then I should be able to fill things out, right now everything besides the cryotocoryne are bent over

The stems were a pain and yes L repens and moneywart (that's all bent over) hope it straightens up, it wouldn't stay in my substrate so I did the best I could until it roots then I should be able to fill things out, right now everything besides the cryotocoryne are bent over

The stems look like trimmings, so no roots. If they won't stay down try floating them for a few days and see if root sprout, or bury the 2 leafs at the bottom most node. They should help keep the plant planted long enough for roots to take hold, and the leaves will just rot away under the substrate.

What substrate id that btw?

The stems look like trimmings, so no roots. If they won't stay down try floating them for a few days and see if root sprout, or bury the 2 leafs at the bottom most node. They should help keep the plant planted long enough for roots to take hold, and the leaves will just rot away under the substrate.

What substrate id that btw?
Caribsea supernaturals ultra fine pebble, I watched a video where the guy said to plant them on a semi angle which helps stems stay put and the plant will just curve upwards towards the light so I did that, But was still a nightmare im probably go down in a few minutes to see them all floating lol

I a have a trick i use to plant stems:

i use a small piece of panty hose (or something like it) and i wrap the stems with rocks and fish line .. and plant the rocks/pantyhose portion into the gravel - and the roots literally grow out of the pantyhose and thrive really well.

I tried this out of desperation- everything i planted .. popped back up or i found it floating around the tank lol

There still rooted lol, rainbows keep pulling my parva up though grr lol

Still looks good! It'll get there. It's the game of hurry up and wait. Hurry up get'm in, wait and watch. Lol!

Still looks good! It'll get there. It's the game of hurry up and wait. Hurry up get'm in, wait and watch. Lol!
Lol right hurry up and omg that's to much ferts, hurry up and um that's not enough ferts , hurry up and omg that's perfect what do I do with so many trimmings lol.

Back
Top Bottom