What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fishlover, i saw you in another thread about wanting GBRs, you have .25 ammonia right? That would kill them in a couple hours unless they were tank bred. Wait about 4 months and then you would be ready

I decided against getting them... Just going to get a few more guppies and seperate male and female and give fry to my dad

Checked my dads tank his nitrate is down to 40 but he did lose another fish .... He doesn't seem to care much I keep telling him he needs to do more water changes ... Sigh he has two glo fish tetra 3 black neon 1 guppy and 2 zebra danio left... What is chance any will live... Originally his tanks nitrate was at 180 1st time I tested it a few days ago after he said his fish were dying off ...

40% water change in the 20 gallon. Much need maintenance on the aquaclear also. I removed the carbon as well as rinsed off the sponge and the detritus and algae off of the bioballs. Cleaned the glass and everything too. The tank had been put on the back burner the past week and a half due to a test and a presentation in my history of math class. It was looking rough!

Checked my dads tank his nitrate is down to 40 but he did lose another fish .... He doesn't seem to care much I keep telling him he needs to do more water changes ... Sigh he has two glo fish tetra 3 black neon 1 guppy and 2 zebra danio left... What is chance any will live... Originally his tanks nitrate was at 180 1st time I tested it a few days ago after he said his fish were dying off ...

The zebra danios and the glo lights should be fine. If the nitrates stay down the black neons should be okay too. Once the tank stabilizes I'd add 2 more black neons so they are happier. (Also- neons will school with neons. You could even add regular neon tetras and gold neon tetras and have a "mixed" school of neon tetras!) They like to be in groups. What size tank is your dads? Since you feel like he doesn't care much for his tank- a good idea may be to slowly begin doing the maintenance for it and caring for it. It could end up that he just lets you take over the tank completely!

I suggest doing a 50% pwc to get the nitrates closer to 20. Less nitrates is better for the fish and will also help keep algae from growing. :)

I fed the fish and turned on the lights. I am going to plan on doing a pwc and some maintenance on my 55 gal tank. I may rescape it. Not sure yet.

I would rather he be more responsible I have a 20gal 29gal and now 9 Betta at house I rent with friends to take care of

I finally figured out which Betta keeps being weird . A few times a day I will be in my room and hear him swim so fast maybe jump that I hear him ... So weird bot he is healthy and WC are good

Got a 5 stage BRS RODI unit, a clown goby, and a 6lbs piece of live rock with a colony of green zoas, a colony of clove polyps, a colony of orange zoas and a giant colony of green star polyps will have pics in a hour or so once everythings in

Heres a pic of the piece in the tank-

image-3949277938.jpg

Judt set it in so its closed up. From what i can see, i have 2 hitch hikers. A snail, and a small starfish. When i was letting them drip i found a nutibranch, intook him out. and the goby is swimming in the LR so its hard to get a pic

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom