What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks beautiful! I have one aponogeton plant in my 20G that successfully grew from the bulbs I got. It is getting ready to flower. I hope to have a well planted tank. I added sand yesterday for the seeds to had something to root in. I hope mine will look as good as yours does!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks fishlove!

Here is the tank this morning.

I ignored all the other tanks to stare at this one with nothing in it, lol:angel:

60074-albums13960-picture66533.jpg

Researching actual lighting fixtures I will be able to afford!:blink:

Took my Flying Foxes back to the Wet Spot, they were getting too big & disruptive . Beautiful fish tho. Also returned two Yoyo loaches that were supposed to be Golden Zebras.
Purchased a Golden Zebra, omg.... He s so cute! Started hanging with the other4 Zebras right away.
Cleaned all three tanks. Looks so good with fresh water!
Oh, also got Tangerine shrimp & two pregnant Crystal Reds for my 50g mellow community tank ( not the one with the loaches :). )

Here is the tank this morning.

I ignored all the other tanks to stare at this one with nothing in it, lol:angel:

60074-albums13960-picture66533.jpg

Researching actual lighting fixtures I will be able to afford!:blink:

Looks good!

I added sand a couple of days ago. Tonight, I did a 50% WC. Put the driftwood back in. Now I am just waiting for the hard water fogginess to go away. Should be gone by morning.

Large change on my elephant nose tank added some more new plants. Fed him live bloodworm love the clicking and whistling sound he makes when I feed him how boring am I :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Turned enough plants in I got this guy free!!! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399891894.243789.jpg
Witch is icing on the cake cuz I was on 3 mount long waiting list.

Got up this morning and my thermostat in my elephant nose tank had over heated! Luckily he seemed not to stressed, added my other one and just waiting for the water to cool down. Would it harm him if I took a couple of buckets out and added cooler water just a couple of degrees lower?

Got up this morning and my thermostat in my elephant nose tank had over heated! Luckily he seemed not to stressed, added my other one and just waiting for the water to cool down. Would it harm him if I took a couple of buckets out and added cooler water just a couple of degrees lower?

Gonzo still alright? Hope so! What brand and size of heater was it if you don't mind saying?

Found 3 dead tiger barbs. 100% water change was this past Thursday, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

Gonzo still alright? Hope so! What brand and size of heater was it if you don't mind saying?

He's fine thanks, it was a jewel 300 watt heater what a fright i got!

He's fine thanks, it was a jewel 300 watt heater what a fright i got!

Glad all is well and you were on top of checking things.

I lost one fish the night before and two nights before a Bamboo shrimp. Initially I thought the shrimp had been killed after molting as I had seen a exoskeleton a couple days before that. But it seems I have had a mini cycle even after doing what I thought was a gentle cleaning on my FX-5.

This week has been a busy one and I was going to do a pwc on the tank but didn't. :nono: So lesson learned.

Used the Python for draining the water, but I don't have the right size faucet, sink and connector for filling, so it was a lot of work, did a 75% (in the 72G) pwc, added some Cuttlebone powder to help make sure I don't have a pH crash and the fish are looking perkier and I am hoping everything will smooth out. I will be checking the parameters in the morning to make sure all is well. If not will do another pwc.

Pwc in 12G, 6.6G, and snail bucket, and plant bucket and plant bucket 2, and 5G Betta Sorority.

Glad all is well and you were on top of checking things.

I lost one fish the night before and two nights before a Bamboo shrimp. Initially I thought the shrimp had been killed after molting as I had seen a exoskeleton a couple days before that. But it seems I have had a mini cycle even after doing what I thought was a gentle cleaning on my FX-5.

This week has been a busy one and I was going to do a pwc on the tank but didn't. :nono: So lesson learned.

Used the Python for draining the water, but I don't have the right size faucet, sink and connector for filling, so it was a lot of work, did a 75% (in the 72G) pwc, added some Cuttlebone powder to help make sure I don't have a pH crash and the fish are looking perkier and I am hoping everything will smooth out. I will be checking the parameters in the morning to make sure all is well. If not will do another pwc.

Pwc in 12G, 6.6G, and snail bucket, and plant bucket and plant bucket 2, and 5G Betta Sorority.

Sorry for your losses :( i hope things settle back down for you. You've been a busy lady! Lot's off pwc you've had to do.

Well... rounded out the pwc to all the tanks, with a 50% on the 37G and 2 50% on the 16G because I found the pump in the water filter was barely working and so I took it apart and cleaned the impeller, but after taking it apart 3 times and putting it back together it is definitely broken. My little Ram was hiding in the back of the tank and didn't come out to see me when I fed, which was the first hint that something wasn't right. So 12:30am I was doing water changes. Also trimmed a few yellowed leaves in the 72G.

Taking in a SW water sample to the fish store tomorrow on my way any how to see the critters a couple more stores have, and get some RO/DI water. Hopefully no pwc for the rest of the day. Oh and going to get a new filter for the 16. Unless I can dig out something from the far reaches of the closet.:lol:

Man it's been a while. College has been crazy and I have had zero time. So I got a 8 gallon biocube today, well my mom got it but looks like I'll be taking care of it. No complaints, she's coming around to the whole fish keeping thing. It's saltwater and eventually gonna be a reef. Should be cycled by the end of the week as it was cycled at the store with the same live rock and we drained half the water and brought it home. Seeing a bunch of cool hitchhikers and a good number of pods. She wants a green clown goby and a shrimp. I'm excited, should be a good learning experience for both me and her. Oh and I rescaped her 10 gallon, pics to come tomorrow. My 20 long is doing well and I caught two of my beckfords pencilfish breeding the other day. Don't expect any eggs to make it between the parents, the cories, and me not doing anything about them. But who knows.

100% change on the vacant, cycled 10 gallon. Going to get some platys one day, lol. Brought home another goldfish yesterday for the aquaponics and planted 3 tomato plants today.

Had to do another 50% pwc on the 16G, the cute little Ram didn't recover from the poor water quality. Set up a little extra filter I had recently bought for a Betta tank, and Aqueon internal 15G and put the massive amount of filter pads back into the tank from the broken filter, to keep the bb alive.

Spilled about a gallon of water from the tank all over the place when the bottom part of the hose popped out of the bucket and ran a 3/4 inch tube of water all over the front and back of the cabinet before I could get it back into the bucket. :facepalm:

Pre ordered some great looking creatures for my little SW tank from Mindblowingcorals.com. A couple of Teal Trumpets, a Green Slimer, a Bam Bam. They are local for me and have really nice stuff compared to most of the rest of stores around here, so a great place to go

Allyson there is going to walk me through and give me a tutorial on them and the tank and care, and she is going to keep them for me until I make sure the tank is cycled and can order my new light.

She is going to make sure that I get them set in the right spots for the lighting and flow. And show me all their tanks and stuff they have growing for the near future. They are going to be a vendor at the MACNA. convention here in Denver, this summer!

Got a bunch of Cryptocoryne today that a friend was going to compost. He goes through bunches like crazy. Now I need to figure out how to plant it LOL

Attachments

• 1400180055676.jpg
    1400180055676.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 104
  • 1400180082323.jpg
    1400180082323.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 94
Back
Top Bottom