What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I planted some HC. This is my second full day with my DIY CO2 running. Several of my plants are streaming a bit. I've only ever seen a little streaming right after a water change in the past. It's not pearling but it's still a good sign. Both my compact amazon sword and ruffle sword and grew a new leaves today. Several of my corys and one of my mystery snails explored the CO2 diffuser. I have to assume that they know what they are doing.

Finally bought a glass top and then changed lighting from 2 18" T8 bulbs to 2 48" T8 bulbs. Hopefully my plants will be successful. Finally got a timer because the shop light I'm using doesn't have an "off" switch.

img_2960953_0_250ea89b5d8a048b4ec789141aca05e0.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Added bioboost. Changed a cartridge. Cleaned most of the iron build up. Water cycle is finally finished. Yay! Will add more fish at the end of the week.

Fed the fish

My Molly isn't doing so well I don't think she will make it to Friday.

Fed the fish

My Molly isn't doing so well I don't think she will make it to Friday.

Try a pwc or two. I am sorry she isn't well. Make sure the water is a touch warmer than the tank water. That always helps me to avoid a stressed Ich infestation. Maybe add a little salt, disolved into the water.

Try a pwc or two. I am sorry she isn't well. Make sure the water is a touch warmer than the tank water. That always helps me to avoid a stressed Ich infestation. Maybe add a little salt, disolved into the water.

Yeah I did a PWC yesterday, the water is plenty warm. The light is a bit warm so there isn't any heater it stays at a constant temp of 78ish and at night it's warm here so it's about the same. I might add some salt. I just hope she isn't in pain :(

Meet Jefferson. :) Added him, today.

Attachments

• 1401840360142.jpg
    1401840360142.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 81
Hi Kittykat364. I hope your molly pulls through.

Hi fishlove777. Jefferson is stunning. What an awesome fish.

I just finished setting up my QT again after a thorough cleaning and drying. I haven't even dechlorinated it yet. I'll add some Prime and seeded filter material in the morning. Getting ready for a fish purchase! I got an Aquarium Adventure gift card for Mother's Day :).

I got 8 Black Neon Tetras in my tank tonight. So far I have 6 Zebra Danios, 8 Black Neons and a 2" common Pleco.

I, and many others would recommend taking that common pleco back to the store and getting something like a bristlenose pleco. Common Plecos top out at about 18" while a bn pleco will top out at around 4"

I, and many others would recommend taking that common pleco back to the store and getting something like a bristlenose pleco. Common Plecos top out at about 18" while a bn pleco will top out at around 4"

Once he gets too big for my tank, he'll get rehomed...but he's fine in there for now.

I want to pick up about 6 Julian Cory's next...need a good clean up crew. :)

50 % clean on my elephant nose tank and added some more sand. Live bloodworm tonight. 1401980069779.jpg1401980095507.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Once he gets too big for my tank, he'll get rehomed...but he's fine in there for now.

I want to pick up about 6 Julian Cory's next...need a good clean up crew. :)

Not only will your julii corys clean but they are arguably the most entertaining fish there are.

Today I replanted some newly planted HC that my rummys uprooted and enjoyed watching my peppered corys.

Added two farlowella catfish to my planted tank. They're already eating the algae on my plants!

I added 6 Julii Corys today along with 2 Glo Danios. It's been exactly one week since I started stocking my tank and so far I have 8 Danios, 8 Black Neons, a 2" Common Pleco and 6 Julii Cory's.

I think I need to let the tank settle for a few weeks before adding anything else lol.

Back
Top Bottom