What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Planted some dwarf hairgrass couple days ago i see some runners
1e18541bbeb96663b3034a3390c6689d.jpg

065e847a7bc074140a0c2c65880bb5fa.jpg

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Nice!

So I guess I did at least one thing right with the move. All of the tanks are not showing signs of a cycle. Looks like I kept the filter media wet enough that I was able to keep most of my bacteria colony rolling. Even the addition of the 5 loaches didn't seem to phase the tank. Water tests are coming back almost perfect.

For me basically it seems I have Anchorworm in the QT tank. Don't think I have ever had that before. It is rather ugly. I am planning on trying Fenbendazole in the water column today. The meds are pretty harsh. I am doing more reading now.

I thought the Rainbow fish had caught its eye yesterday on something and damaged it, and now today I see wormlike things on it and a Guppy. Which seem like Anchorworm. UGH! & YUCK!!! BIG YUCK. Hope I can get the right meds combination and save these guys.

Will see about other options for tomorrow.

So I've got this 1 zebra danio, the sole remaining survivor from a previous community tank, his mate died about 2 months ago, I was just gunna keep him solo till he died, expecting it wouldn't take too long but I was wrong, he just went into exile, hiding in the Sprite floating around the top of the tank, getting really thin but still kicking, only see him if i really go looking for him, I started feeling bad so after 2 weeks of hard thinking, today I decided to buy him some mates, after all, what's 5 more danios in a 700lt tank.. I put the bag in the tank to acclimatise when I noticed this ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1472889161.707634.jpg he spent about 15 minutes swimming around the bag, not wanting to separate them after such a cool reaction, I decided to put the original danio in the quarantine tank with the new 1s.. He was that occupied with the fish inside the bag that I was able to pick him up with my hand and put him in it

...he spent about 15 minutes swimming around the bag, not wanting to separate them after such a cool reaction, I decided to put the original danio in the quarantine tank with the new 1s.. He was that occupied with the fish inside the bag that I was able to pick him up with my hand and put him in it

Wow that's so awesome! Must be nice to know he is enjoying his new mates, well done on getting them. I love happy endings :)

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

So I've got this 1 zebra danio, the sole remaining survivor from a previous community tank, his mate died about 2 months ago, I was just gunna keep him solo till he died, expecting it wouldn't take too long but I was wrong, he just went into exile, hiding in the Sprite floating around the top of the tank, getting really thin but still kicking, only see him if i really go looking for him, I started feeling bad so after 2 weeks of hard thinking, today I decided to buy him some mates, after all, what's 5 more danios in a 700lt tank.. I put the bag in the tank to acclimatise when I noticed this View attachment 289091 he spent about 15 minutes swimming around the bag, not wanting to separate them after such a cool reaction, I decided to put the original danio in the quarantine tank with the new 1s.. He was that occupied with the fish inside the bag that I was able to pick him up with my hand and put him in it

So happy for your fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So I've got this 1 zebra danio, the sole remaining survivor from a previous community tank, his mate died about 2 months ago, I was just gunna keep him solo till he died, expecting it wouldn't take too long but I was wrong, he just went into exile, hiding in the Sprite floating around the top of the tank, getting really thin but still kicking, only see him if i really go looking for him, I started feeling bad so after 2 weeks of hard thinking, today I decided to buy him some mates, after all, what's 5 more danios in a 700lt tank.. I put the bag in the tank to acclimatise when I noticed this View attachment 289091 he spent about 15 minutes swimming around the bag, not wanting to separate them after such a cool reaction, I decided to put the original danio in the quarantine tank with the new 1s.. He was that occupied with the fish inside the bag that I was able to pick him up with my hand and put him in it

"My peoples! I love you I love you I love you!"

Lol that's awesome.

Lunch - It's nice to know he will be happier with his pals.

~~~

As for the Anchor Worm.

Fed Praziquatanel liberally and they gobbled it all up.

I decided to use some Paraguard I had received from someone in a box of stuff I got when he moved out of country. No dead fish or any floating in odd ways.

Will be gone for the day. The one guppy looked kinda sad last night so I don't expect her to make it.

Fed Prazi in my main tank kinda as a precaution. Will do so a few more times.

Am wondering if this came from my plants I just grabbed out of the bucket outside. Says its often found in "ponds" outdoors in summer.

Autumn really sorry to hear about the Anchor worms nasty things!

Well, still fighting ich, been doing lot's off pwc great fun ? found lot's off baby rcs so happy about that.
Gonzo got his last clean on his tank today, his 70 gallon is getting delivered this Wednesday had to re order with another supplier after having issues, so the 70 it is! I'm absolutely dreading the whole change over for him, decided to put new sand in after having a good look at the old stuff. Old filter will go in as well. ?
Betta is doing great! Love having him ?
Think that's all.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
7 gallon halfmoon betta and red ramshorn.

Hate switching tank as well lol how big are your bamboo shrimp

PWC today and realized I forgot to put a piece of the canister back together last week so took it apart again. Split some of my Ludwig and Pennywort stems that were getting to tall. Everybody is having dinner now and the tank is clearing well. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1472955688.188582.jpg

Last edited:
Nice tank like the narrow leaf java fern on the left

Nice tank like the narrow leaf java fern on the left

Thanks. I have lots of great starts from it I am attaching to rocks or wood. Off to find new homes in a few months. I got some of the windlov lace Java fern a few weeks ago to see if it does as well.

Played "King of DIY" today and made a screen-mesh lid for my 20-long today to replace the glass lid. Very happy with the results, much easier than I expected. Pics to come later this weekend. :)

Hate switching tank as well lol how big are your bamboo shrimp

I only have the one left sadly but she's 4 inches, really enjoy the filter feeders ☺

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
7 gallon halfmoon betta and red ramshorn.

Nice the ones i have at work are around 4 inches.

Back
Top Bottom