What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks :) it's hard to see, but that one at the top left has a really big hole that goes halfway deep into the rock. Should be a really neat cave for a shrimp!

Thanks :) it's hard to see, but that one at the top left has a really big hole that goes halfway deep into the rock. Should be a really neat cave for a shrimp!

Yes, a very nice place for exploring!!!

Yes they were. These are juveniles. About half of their adult size.

I am interested in seeing them as they grow. I like them! Do you have a link for a tank build thread? If you don't presently and do one later be sure to post it's link. (y)

~~~~~
So this morning the 5 Neons, yes, the saggy sad looking one about to die, lived to see another day.

Very surprised it was not dead.

Other fish & invert type creatures in all the tanks seem alright.

I got a quick pic today of the tiny but larger than I last noticed him - little SW Pom Pom crab was out after I put some powdered food in the tank for the filter feeders, and snapped a couple pics. Will try and post them in the next couple days. Not that big of a deal, but the last time I saw one of them -
there were 2, unknown if still 2 since the tank is so overgrown (time for a trim of macroalgae), neither of them had their Pom Pom Anemones, right before that.

Today he had both, looking very healthy too!!! I only hope the other one is alive with an anemone or 2.

Made progress on cleaning up and integrating the plants from outside to the inside.

Made about 5 go away. Added plants to the tanks.

Also took the tissue culture of Bolbitis Difformis - Baby bolbitis and separated it and added three quick tied with cotton string on a stone because I couldn't find my monofilm fly tieing line I would have used, and someone borrowed my gel super glue... I just threw the 3 stones into the 2 nano tanks, and put the other smaller pieces back into the cup for later, as I moved the table it was sitting on and the lamp which was keeping it nice and green.

Cleaned out handfuls upon handfuls of Duckweed out of the little pond. Not as much as last time but it was lightly covered again!

Fed all the tanks Spirulina Brine Shrimp. Big hit.

Getting close to installing a battery backup for the fish tanks. Just need to get them all moved around to the final spots.

Took a couple pics of the PRL Shrimp. Probably will post a couple tomorrow.

Having a hard time deciding about which tank to use for SW - still.

Shipping off another 100+ snails tomorrow.

Too much work! I am not doing it next year. Egg clutches are coming down.

Getting pressure from my hubbie to get rid of 2 tanks.

Big Daddy (60l Biorb)will be the first to rehome since the weather is cooling and there is nowhere to put it in the house.

Then it's a tough decision between the 30l Biorb or the 9g Biube.

I'm just tired [emoji42]...

Shipping off another 100+ snails tomorrow.

Too much work! I am not doing it next year. Egg clutches are coming down.

Getting pressure from my hubbie to get rid of 2 tanks.

Big Daddy (60l Biorb)will be the first to rehome since the weather is cooling and there is nowhere to put it in the house.

Then it's a tough decision between the 30l Biorb or the 9g Biube.

I'm just tired [emoji42]...

Ahhhh, sad but understandable. Taking care of tanks is indeed so much work.

What critters are your favorites?

Woot for the sale.

Saw a used 150G Bowfront I was drooling over. You know because a 90G isn't quite big enough, lol. Really though it would be to house fish with big tank requirement not just a really monster fish. It costs too much for my budget but I am watching it, just in case the price comes down or someone just hands me $1000 (and says, you can't spend this on anything rational or necessary just something crazy. ;)

~~~

Found a dying Rock Flower Anemone in the 6.6G SW nano. Removed a bunch of macroalgae. Treated with Prime. Removed the Anemone. It just fell off a rock upside down and shriveled up. It was my favorite greenish one. Not too sure what has changed in the past month or so. This is the good pic when it was healthy.
60074-albums14597-picture70674.jpg

Cabinet shopping and looking at different tanks today.

Last edited:
Hey, I hear some of the really crazy fish tank people say that anything under 100 gallons is a small tank :)

That is true and yet my favorite tanks are around 12G and I still want a BIG 150-300G (with auto water changer) tank someday. So does that mean I am crazy or not crazy??? Hint: there is no right answer!

Added 2 platys, a yoyo loach, an artificial plant, more water and an artificial rock ornament.

Thank you. Confirms what I was thinking.:lol:

Daughter told me "Mama, just start saving up!"

Just missed making it to the far off lfs after an appointment nearby - darn, I was hoping to grab a couple more of the Aponogeton Capuronii. Looks like I just saved $20. 980 to go, hahaha

Fed everyone and saw what looks like the pair of Koi Angels are getting ready to spawn!

My infected fish still have its ich on it and I'm waiting for it to come off, once it comes off, I'll put them into my main aquarium back. All other fish are doing fine and happy! My Amazon Sword's stems are becoming green and darker, which it means that its getting stronger ^_^. Also have few mystery balls on my some of my plant's leaves, wondering if they are ich or an egg (perhaps someone can answer).

My infected fish still have its ich on it and I'm waiting for it to come off, once it comes off, I'll put them into my main aquarium back. All other fish are doing fine and happy! My Amazon Sword's stems are becoming green and darker, which it means that its getting stronger ^_^. Also have few mystery balls on my some of my plant's leaves, wondering if they are ich or an egg (perhaps someone can answer).
It takes longer to eradicate them. Go to articles freshwater last page #3 last article is about Ich. Sorry I can't post a link atm.

Had a small emergency which is somehow the switch to the SW nano tanks electric connection was turned off and the fish was a neat goner this morning and I lost one maybe 2 Anemone Shrimp. All the starfish were upset.

Back
Top Bottom