What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And sometimes something like this happens and makes it all worth while. IMG_1708.jpg

Growing the crazy snail lady nation one tank at a time.

Yay, TMaier!!! So gratifying to see someone love what you do so much, happy that you have been well thanked and appreciated!!! And shared the crazy snail Lady Love+++!

Setting up another tank tonight. (10 gallon"for now") got a new addition to the family. ?? picked up a baby betta(mostly green) he's pretty cool. House should be filled with all size tanks and lots of fish by the middle of next year. Hee! Hee! ? new baby is still in that silly little cup till morning but on the top on the water of my 75 gallon angelfish tank. Just so he stays warm. Just wanta make sure the heater is gonna work for his new home. And cycling it. It's @ 80 degrees right now. Doing good! Water testing tomorrow. Time will tell!

I got the afternoon off, so I spent a few hours washing, prepping, and assembling bits of the new aquarium. Doing a leak test before I drill it, so far so good.

Have a great many other obligations for the next week or so, rather than the tanks. But will be squeezing in all the tank pwc as often & as soon as I can.

Wrestling with the decision of the tanks changing and really don't have the final answer yet.

Most likely will be FW 90G Angels and something. I need to plan for the substrate and whatever else will need to go in htere. Shopped around for some great DW but didn't find the right one. Looking for a tree stump with roots maybe.

Still planning to get a few plants that take up a bunch of space so maybe do not need too much stone or DW. Thinking sand and a large number of Cories perhaps.

Can't find the big SW shrimp still after the electric problem so thinking it is a goner. Also MIA is the Gold Stripe Goby, sometimes hides but I haven't seen it since that morning it happened.

My new addition to the family! I was lucky to get this picture he's everywhere in the 10 gallon! Loving it up! Doing good! Hoping that he don't have fin rot on the bottom fin. Didn't c that when I got him. Gonna order some meds, leafs, and salt to have on hand. Seems pretty happy to b out of that bowl! ? IMAG1946.jpg

My keyhole died. He's been doing poorly lately, I did prazipro just in case, water changes, figured maybe he's stressed from the move last month. Found him face down in the jungle vals after work today.

Not really sure where I'm going with the tank after this. Probably going to cut back on the guppies, maybe put the shrimp in? Just kinda depressed about the whole thing tbh.

Took some platys to my LFS weekend before last, and the owner was so happy with the quality fish I bring him, he gave me some seiryu stone in return.

Only other aquarists could appreciate how excited I was to get a free rock. :brows:

Took 50 purple Mystery Snails to my LFS and some Anubias Nana attacked to rock. It Just about paid for a new Cobalt Neotherm heater.

We donated our 2 goldfish to my neighbors pond. Bigger, better home. And worked on my Betta tank. Trying to make it fun for him. Course! Anything is better than a non-heated little cup. 10 gallon upgrade, a world to himself, for now!

With the weather starting to get bad in the mountains, I decided to make my order for some new plants even though the tank they're supposed to go in isn't set up yet. Hopefully I can get it ready in time, but if not, they can live in the other tank for now :)

A bunch (lots!) of Buce, some Philippine Java Fern, more Anubias, and Hygroryza Aristata.

My keyhole died. He's been doing poorly lately, I did prazipro just in case, water changes, figured maybe he's stressed from the move last month. Found him face down in the jungle vals after work today.

Not really sure where I'm going with the tank after this. Probably going to cut back on the guppies, maybe put the shrimp in? Just kinda depressed about the whole thing tbh.

Sorry to hear that. These things are sad. Give it some time and look around for some new inspiration.

With the weather starting to get bad in the mountains, I decided to make my order for some new plants even though the tank they're supposed to go in isn't set up yet. Hopefully I can get it ready in time, but if not, they can live in the other tank for now :)

A bunch (lots!) of Buce, some Philippine Java Fern, more Anubias, and Hygroryza Aristata.

This sounds interesting. Love the Buces!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Too much going on right now!

Seems my little pond had a visit from a predator. After removing the excess Duck weed must have made it more inviting to something. We have a natural pond nearby and there are Herons and other birds of Prey as well as Raccoons and any number of little critters in the natural area behind the house.

Any how there were no fish visible in the last few days, maybe they are really good at hiding but 3 days of feeding and no fish, they always come out for food.

Brought in my vase since we have freezing temps tonight and snow for tomorrow.

Sorry to hear that. These things are sad. Give it some time and look around for some new inspiration.

I really want to do two fancy goldfish, but it's only a 30g and I still have my bristlenose. I'm thinking now may be the time to finally set up a nano fish tank, been checking out the options. If I move the shrimp and snails over to it then I'd be free to redo the 10g for a pair of dwarf puffers too, which have been on the wish list for a few years now :)

That really sucks about the pond :(

Decisions decisions Toad! You have probably already seen this but I try to show it to everyone considering a GF. I really never knoew these fancies could every get that big. Even though most would not in a regularly maintained tank, this guy was cared for like show fish... highly maintained and cared for tank.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...uire-big-tanks-visual-perspective-265871.html

Watched the fish and really appreciated my 72G tanks beauty today.

Also really appreciated the 2 different Aponogeton, Capuroni and, I think Ulvaceus, growing like wild!!! Overtaking the temporary home of the 12 PRL tank.

Still over the moon with the PRL shrimp.

Have at least 2 berried females and saw some saddled a few days back as well!!! One looked like she was getting pretty heavily weighed down by the babies. So fry any time this week I think!

Ended up doing pwc on the PRL shrimp tank 3G.

Then as I was shutting of the lights in the nano fish tank I saw a sick new Pygmy Cory. Did 2 2G pwc back to back because I stirred up the substrate adding in the water too fast.

Hoping the other will be alright. Also cleaned out the filter. Probably have been over feeding this tank because of the little guys to get food, maybe killing them with kindness. Dumb if that is the case. Maybe vac the substrate tomorrow too. We will see how they are tomorrow.

Added water to the Betta tank too, and overfilled a little, it is slanted not exactly level, and it was dripping from the top lid /over off the side and onto the floor, found that after a couple hours. Also before going to bed.

Dried it then checked a bit later and found no additional water. Making sure it wasn't a leak.

Added a decorative metal background to the Spec V also a couple days ago, just temporary to see if I like it. I had 2 pieces from the sides of a wooden home decor crate that cracked apart after being sat on by a big 2 yo and it was the right size.

Maybe for the Spec and a 6.6G Edge.

Also found at least one baby Endler, I think I saw 2 but not positive.

Decisions decisions Toad! You have probably already seen this but I try to show it to everyone considering a GF. I really never knoew these fancies could every get that big. Even though most would not in a regularly maintained tank, this guy was cared for like show fish... highly maintained and cared for tank.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...uire-big-tanks-visual-perspective-265871.html

Oh I know lol, that's why I was so depressed not being to have a big tank in the apartment, my goldfish dream got put on hiatus yet again :(

I have a hard time with fish, I always think certain fish are really neat, set up a tank, and then things go wrong. I've had community fish rip eyes out of each other, a convict that shoved itself into a log and only came out to eat the dither fish at night... [emoji30]

I'm thinking adf's and peacock gudgeons, not sure if badis would work too, or pygmy sunfish, or all of them lol. Lots of tiny guys lol

Back
Top Bottom