What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I spent the last few days, netting several African cichlids out of the 120 display tank, no easy task" transferring them to other tanks and re-homing some. Rearranging the scape in anticipation of the arrival of these guys. 2" baby Red Texas Cichlids. I was hoping that the group would be a little larger but so far so good, the bigger cichlids show little interest in them. Not all Red Texas color up. I'm hoping that at least one or two develops.

Attachments

• 20171010_170129.jpg
    20171010_170129.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 20171010_170810.jpg
    20171010_170810.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 43
Sitting next to your tank and hearing a loud pop/crack....

(o) (o)

Wondering what in the heck the noise was.

Water is still in the tank....

If you have a solid wood stand, the stand itself can make a loud popping sound with changing humidity. Be sure to check the bottom glass panel for a crack. Sometimes the bottom panel will suddenly crack if the stand settles or is not level. Hope things turn out okay.

Tried to get another Aponogeton Capuronii from the far away lfs but they were all out. Took my name in case they came in again. Darn, I really felt I should have grabbed 2.

Timed how long it takes to fill my 5G RO water jug with the unit. Estimated from last time and it took about 50 min. Set it in the sink so I wouldn't need to worry about overflow just in case.

Filled several of the tanks with RO water for evap.

Had a bunch of stuff going on this week and little time for the tanks.

Day before I fed the pond just in case there were any fish and it was cold out. I saw one for sure and maybe 2, a golden for sure and a I think a bronze Rosy Minnow.

Couldn't be sure if it was a leaf or a fish and of course it was gone in a flash. Lots of leaves in the little pond. I need to clear that thing out asap it is very, very cold at night and the plants are gonna get too cold if not already since this week has had freezing night temps.

A fish hobby friend has mentioned possibly moving and if it ends up happening, will need to rehome a few little bity Clown Loaches.

Hoping tomorrow to catch up with pwc and maybe moving the 5 Neons from the QT to the 72G.

Also moving out 1/4 to half inch thick amount of Duckweed from the 46G and big clean and shut down the 29G and move the tank and stand out.

I upgraded a few things so everybody has they're own space and getting ready for a few new adoptions. Still in the works though. Baby's like it better, It's getting there. Need a lot more cover! And a lot more fish... IMAG2116.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I got water in the new tank (miraculously through all the other stuff I had to do today) and the new plants planted in it. I want to transfer a few more Anubias and ferns over to it but that's maybe tomorrow's job.

50% water change, my comet fish is almost cured from ich, just some more tiny white spots and learned so much lessons in taking care of fishes:
1) I should never mix tropical fish with goldfish (Angelfish with goldfish)
2) I should never put shrimp in my tank as I just noticed that my fishes have a not-so-big-mouth, but I suspected that my goldfishes ate them and the angel fish too.
3) Before putting my new plants, I should've quarantined them (My LFS always mix live plants with fishes and you'll never know if ichs are already in their sticking to the bottom stage) because 2 of my fish got ich.

Finally took advantage of Petco's dollar-per-gallon sale and yesterday bought another 20-long and a 40-breeder. I've always wanted to play around with one of the latter. Now I have to find a stand for it that will look nice in the living room. (Which is slowly being transformed into a fish room... :eek: ) Wish I had the carpentry skills to build my own.

Back
Top Bottom