What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did 75% water change for both my puffer tanks. Really love relaxing in my fish room and playing my guitar.

46g still cycling. I already see the clowns that I want at the lfs.

Fed all fish in the 46g bf, 20g, and 10g. Added a gold ram and 5 ghost shrimp to my 46g bf community tank. My lfs had a sale going on. Any fish under $10 was half off so my ram only cost $4. I was an hr late on getting another gbr cause someone come in and bought all 5 of them. O, and one of the ghost shrimps was berried with eggs. 2 of the shrimps were eatin within 2 minutes by one of my angels.

Partial clean on my 55, set up my 60litre bought new sand & plants, did another 50% clean as the water was cloudy then later added my betta & snails he's in his glory! :)

Fed everyone and I'll probably do some water changes later once I get the sink cleared of dishes. I feel like I'm coming down with something so I'd rather get everything done early before I get too sick to feel like moving.

Lots water changes...

Did a 3 gallon water change on a fry tank (10 gallon)
Did a almost 100 water change on a 20 high to get rid of Clout in the tank
Did a 12-13 gallon water change on the 29 gallon.

1. Added 2 albino cories to the 29, temporarily waiting on the 20 high to cycle.They were on sale Petsmart
  2. Got a few molly fry for free for the fry tank, threw them in with the Guppy Fry
  3. Received one mystery cory as a special prize. He was the last one in the tank and the new girl gave him to me for 1.74.
REALLY WANT GLOFISH! But I don't have a lid yet and they are jumpers.

Scrubbed out my filter looks like algae was trying to grow there!

Fed everyone and I'll probably do some water changes later once I get the sink cleared of dishes. I feel like I'm coming down with something so I'd rather get everything done early before I get too sick to feel like moving.
Thats dedication. Taking care of the fish, even when your ill. Thats a sign of a true aquarist(y)

Oceangirl said:
Did a 3 gallon water change on a fry tank (10 gallon)
Did a almost 100 water change on a 20 high to get rid of Clout in the tank
Did a 12-13 gallon water change on the 29 gallon.

[*]Added 2 albino cories to the 29, temporarily waiting on the 20 high to cycle.They were on sale Petsmart
[*]Got a few molly fry for free for the fry tank, threw them in with the Guppy Fry
[*]Received one mystery cory as a special prize. He was the last one in the tank and the new girl gave him to me for 1.74.

REALLY WANT GLOFISH! But I don't have a lid yet and they are jumpers.

Scrubbed out my filter looks like algae was trying to grow there!

I love fish that are on sale!!

Just did another 50% water change on my 75 gallon mixed African Cichlid tank. I was bored and figured it can't hurt.

I did nothing but watch fish today :) everyone got a wc yesterday. I was feeling ambitious so I rescaped my 55g found a lonesome fry that got ate up quick after I moved his house :/ didn't know he was in there :( today I get my package from BRS! Yay!

Attachments

• image-2077608499.jpg
    image-2077608499.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 90
I am putting a glass top on my 20 gallon because i had a fish jump the other day. I am also going to be dosing the chemiclean that I purchase as well because I have a cyano breakout and I have tries everything I could. I cut light back. I vacuumed the tank. I lessened food but it still comes back. I am hoping this works.

Did a 50% clean on my bettas tank, while moving his new driftwood I found 3inch pink worm! My betta tried too eat it yuck! I netted it out haven't a clue what it was. Then while checking my 55 I noticed my pearl had a hair hanging out his mouth so I had to net him to take it out, I wonder what I,ll find in my tanks tomorrow? :)

Today I have test water parameters on my 55g that I am currently in the days of confirming that I am cycled...yeahhh....so far results are confirming that I am. I also drained a little bit of water from it so I could add my DW centerpiece (finally). On my 40B, I am fish-less cycling so I test ammo and it is still @ 2.0 and has been for 5 days now.

I turned the lights lights on about 25 minutes ago. Watched as water evaporated. Ran a visual check of the entire tank. Checked the temperature. Work needs to be done, but not today. I have to work in 2 hours and was going to do everything tomorrow.

Here's a list:
Water Change and top off
Remove dead leaves
Trim last emersed leaves from plants
Mourn loss of Assassin snail
Clean front glass
Remove a few algae streaks from last cleaning
Remove and clean glass tops

Change my tanks around. I am adding sand instead of gravel and I want to put my peacock ciclids in with my 2big tinfoils

Saturday:
Test the 29 gal, apparently I am in mini cycle. Don't know why Did a 17 gallon water change on accident. I got distracted. :brows:
Did a 75% on the 20 high, looking a little yuck. Added a nice piece mature of filter media to get the party started.

Sunday:
Woke up to a dead fish in 20 high. Returned fish, did another 50% PWC on the 20 high, added a filter squeezing of about 3 good cups of filter umm milk from mature tank.

Did a 3 gallon change on the 29, needed water from that for my fry tank.
Did a 4ish gallon water change on the 10 gallon fry.
Dropped an air stone in and added a heater to 10 gallon as well.

Platy dropped her fry only have one survivor. pretty color though.

Anyone have any good directions on how to make a sponge filter? I have filter pad, air stone, check valve. No tubing lying around though.

Oceangirl said:
Saturday:
Test the 29 gal, apparently I am in mini cycle. Don't know why Did a 17 gallon water change on accident. I got distracted. :brows:
Did a 75% on the 20 high, looking a little yuck. Added a nice piece mature of filter media to get the party started.

Sunday:
Woke up to a dead fish in 20 high. Returned fish, did another 50% PWC on the 20 high, added a filter squeezing of about 3 good cups of filter umm milk from mature tank.

Did a 3 gallon change on the 29, needed water from that for my fry tank.
Did a 4ish gallon water change on the 10 gallon fry.
Dropped an air stone in and added a heater to 10 gallon as well.

Platy dropped her fry only have one survivor. pretty color though.

Anyone have any good directions on how to make a sponge filter? I have filter pad, air stone, check valve. No tubing lying around though.

I bought mine on amazon for like 4 or 5 dollars

Back
Top Bottom