What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did water changes in my angelfish tank and my goldfish tank, will get to the Betta tank either later or tomorrow. Had quite the help from my 20 month old this morning too- ran out the front door and across the front yard while I had my arms shoulder deep in my tank, played in the toilet, played in the dirty water bucket, put cars in all of my water jugs, and then tried helping me fill them back up. Lol glad I'm done with it this morning! :)

Attachments

• image-2098807648.jpg
    image-2098807648.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 55
Did water changes in my angelfish tank and my goldfish tank, will get to the Betta tank either later or tomorrow. Had quite the help from my 20 month old this morning too- ran out the front door and across the front yard while I had my arms shoulder deep in my tank, played in the toilet, played in the dirty water bucket, put cars in all of my water jugs, and then tried helping me fill them back up. Lol glad I'm done with it this morning! :)

Kids are great lol you,ve had a busy morning, they just get up to all sorts and seem to do it when your busy! It use to be like that in my house nearly every time I looked in my tank there was either a power ranger or whatever my son was eating surprised my fish survived!

Water change on the 20g those babies poop ALOT ... i cleaned atleast 50% of it changed the water looked n their was still crap everywhere so i changed another atleast 25% then gave up . Ill do another water change mayb tomorrow

Rescaped my 37 tropical. I think it looks a little more natural, except for the dragon and the antique diver/bubbler, and added two electric German blue rams. Picked up a couple of other cichlids for the 55, but I already forgot what they are. Will have to do some research to Ty and remember.

Rescaped my 37 tropical. I think it looks a little more natural, except for the dragon and the antique diver/bubbler, and added two electric German blue rams. Picked up a couple of other cichlids for the 55, but I already forgot what they are. Will have to do some research to Ty and remember.

After some research, and a phone call to the LFS, the others re a German red, and a m/f pair of pundamillia nyererei.

Scouted for a LFS today. I am tired of the misinformation from petco-smart. I really liked the place. The prices were pretty good. His driftwood and rocks seemed reasonable. My daughter was a little fussy so I wasn't able to spend much time talking with them.

No water change today! Ammonia and nitrites are both below .25 ppm. It was a wonderful break for both me and fish. I am sure.

My nitrate is still at or below 5 ppm... Could that be possible once the tank cycles? Or should I expect that number to climb some?

We are getting excited about adding the new tetras and snail.

I did a 3 gal pwc on my 55. I guess that doesn't seem like much but seriously... That tank is maintenance free. I absolutely love it. It houses 20 3 spined sticklebacks and 3 fathead minnows. Also some MTS. I had about 4 ghost shrimp in there but I haven't seen them in a few weeks...

Scouted for a LFS today. I am tired of the misinformation from petco-smart. I really liked the place. The prices were pretty good. His driftwood and rocks seemed reasonable. My daughter was a little fussy so I wasn't able to spend much time talking with them.

No water change today! Ammonia and nitrites are both below .25 ppm. It was a wonderful break for both me and fish. I am sure.

My nitrate is still at or below 5 ppm... Could that be possible once the tank cycles? Or should I expect that number to climb some?

We are getting excited about adding the new tetras and snail.

Nitrates should rise. However, if you have live plants the nitrates may not rise alot. Plus, if you've been doing a fish in cycle and doing water changes alot, you've been removing alot of the nitrates during water changes.

Pwc on my bettas tank looks empty now without my cories :( just him and my apples, he's enjoying the whole tank to himself!

Changed an Old 55 G

Hello Aa...

Got board with an old 55 G that's been running for 4 years or so and removed half of the mechanical filtration and replaced that with an emersed land plant. The roots remove the wastes the fish produce rather than just filtering toxic water and returning water that's a bit less toxic. The plant was much cheaper than the filter would have been and does a better job.

Did have to lower the tank water, so the plant's leaves remained above or it would drown, but left some of the aquatic plants, so it still has a bit of a normal look. See attached pics.

B

Attachments

• WP_20130414_001.jpg
    WP_20130414_001.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 74
  • WP_20130414_005.jpg
    WP_20130414_005.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 84
Water changes all around! Floor's wet, arms are tired...and still gotta work tonight! And secured an order of some Brilliant Endler juvies and some Japanese blue guppy juvies and breed em for the LFG. He has commons and Lyres but none of what I will bring him...

I installed an adjustable valve on the airline leading to the sponge filter in my black betta's 10 gallon and put in a thermometer that sticks to the glass to replace the liquid crystal crappy one. And Ninja flipped out. Flared like crazy at the thermometer, it gave me a good laugh. Also did a water change on the vase I am quarantining a new female betta in. When she colors up a little and perks up some she is going into the sorority, but since she was from Walmart and not my LFS, she needs a little tlc before I want to put her in with the rest of my girls. Got lucky and found a female crowntail at Walmart, though, so I don't mind having to do a little pampering. Also bought two more females from aquabid this morning! Once they come in my sorority will have 8 members.

Changed things up in my 80 hoping to mellow my spoiled king out a bit. It seems to have helped. He's not chasing the new guys around as much. Still picks a bit here and there but I think that would be normal, after having the whole tank to himself for so long. I'll attach pics of the new guys (still thinking of names) and the new scape. I'm not very good at scaping but I think it will work for the time being lol!

Attachments

• image-1194841910.jpg
    image-1194841910.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 97
  • image-1128296477.jpg
    image-1128296477.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 85
  • image-805008586.jpg
    image-805008586.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 61
  • image-235992844.jpg
    image-235992844.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 80
Changed things up in my 80 hoping to mellow my spoiled king out a bit. It seems to have helped. He's not chasing the new guys around as much. Still picks a bit here and there but I think that would be normal, after having the whole tank to himself for so long. I'll attach pics of the new guys (still thinking of names) and the new scape. I'm not very good at scaping but I think it will work for the time being lol!

Looks beautiful! Can't wait to see pics of your new guy's :)

Put my first fish in my 110 last night.... An electric blue ahli and a five bar. The five bar is super shy and I can't get a good shot of him yet. I think they're enjoying having this huge tank all to themselves.
This morning I rearranged the rocks in the tank and made more caves and open space for them. After my coffee it's water test and change time for the goldies, betta, and angelfish... Aka my morning workout. :)

Attachments

• image-1076668226.jpg
    image-1076668226.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 84
  • image-1269373703.jpg
    image-1269373703.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 70
Put my first fish in my 110 last night.... An electric blue ahli and a five bar. The five bar is super shy and I can't get a good shot of him yet. I think they're enjoying having this huge tank all to themselves.
This morning I rearranged the rocks in the tank and made more caves and open space for them. After my coffee it's water test and change time for the goldies, betta, and angelfish... Aka my morning workout. :)

Your tank looks amazing!

Back
Top Bottom