What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got rid of my newly acquired green brittle star, it was entirely too large for my tank and could easily eat my small fish, and added a clown in its place.

The green ones are the fish eaters , I have a gray banded serpent 24" he is great with all my fish and helps keep tank clean ,

Putting my blond Naso Lipstick tang back in my main tank after being in qt being medicated for Popeye she's been detoxing almost a week ,

she seems to have made a great recovery eating like a pig and all

Last edited:
The green ones are the fish eaters , I have a gray banded serpent 24" he is great with all my fish and helps keep tank clean ,

Putting my blond Naso Lipstick tang back in my main tank after being in qt being medicated for Popeye she's been detoxing almost a week ,

she seems to have made a great recovery eating like a pig and all

They are, it was given to me because he was missing two fish; an occelaris and a goby, I didn't get that info until after the fact, my tank is a 20 long, it covered the side of my tank, swapped it out local for a mate to my ocellaris.

Bought 2 green tiger barbs today. They look cool. Found my male buenos ares tetra belly up. Perhaps the two females chased him to deathImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1460232349.233036.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Howard ^^^^ I have the same "No Fishing" sign
Water change day. Duckweed hunting in the planted tank. Swirled the toothbrush in the shrimp tank to pull out as much hair algae as possible.

I have one of them too. only mine says No fishing/Beware of jaws that is too funny
I have all these freshwater decorations nothing to do with them ,
this is so cool the Naso tang is schooling with the chromis

Dosed my tank with antibiotics yesterday. Will actually remove the filter cartridges today since I cannot remove carbon from these Aqueon ones. Then I will dose the tank again.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

5g water change in the 29g
10g water change in the 75g, plus a bit of rearranging

But just before bedtime last night, I spotted this...like a bunch of grapes...did I catch that 'shroom in the throes of a "nature call"?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 80
Going to change a filter pad and rinse the other one. Adding some BB. All inhabitants co-existing nicely.

Swirled the toothbrush in the shrimp tank to pull out as much hair algae as possible.

I do the same thing with all the hair algae in my 5 gallon nano reef, the stuff just keeps growing, and neither my hermit crab nor my emerald crab will eat it! I thought I was the only one who did the toothbrush trick!

Sent via echolocation

Pwc on my shrimp tank, I had ordered 15 Boraras Brigatte for this tank but the guy got back to me and doesn't believe they're true Brigatte so I'm devastated, I've looked everywhere and no luck. My hubby looked at our LFS and they don't get them either so he bought me a couple of bamboo shrimp to cheer me up!
Fed live bloodworm to my elephant nose don't know who is enjoying it more him or the Amanos lol

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon shrimp and snail tank

I did a 25% pwc and put in new activated carbon filter cartridges. Getting out an antibiotic.

emptied my QT tank to get out all the contaminated water , cleaned everything filters tank and heater along with power head , refilled so it's ready for my next arrivals .

cleaned out canister filter on my predator tank and did a water change ,
Bought this canister as I figured it will make my life easier and it was under a C note ,
boy was I wrong , basically have to tear everything down before opening canister ,
need to prime lines before starting filter ,

it works great the work just to be able to clean it ' to much over kill

it's a cobalt E-X-T it says it's self priming and no need to remove intake or out take , glad I didn't listen or I would have had a flood . what should have took a little over a hour took almost all day ,

I see shut offs in the near future

Last edited:
Dosed my tank with antibiotics yesterday. Will actually remove the filter cartridges today since I cannot remove carbon from these Aqueon ones. Then I will dose the tank again.

I hope you are keeping them wet with fish tank water to keep BB.

~~~~~`

Had a couple out of town trips this last week but got back about 5 days sooner than I was going to so very happy about that.

Added water for evap a couple days back and tonight added a gallon to the 12G Edge and added 1.5G to the shrimp tank. and the rest of that gallon to the 72G. It needs more but hope to do a pwc tomorrow or the next day.

Think I found a home for a couple Angel fish. And I am hoping the Opaline
Gourami too, to a big tank like maybe a 150 or 210G. :) Will know for sure in a couple days.

Thought a couple of the nano fish I just moved were no longer with us. Turns out they were hiding, as I sat looking at the tank with no lights on I see them swimming around. Only one is brave and out all the time. The others are scared. Maybe I will get a background frost coating.

Also need to get a few more fish to round out the group of Green Kubotai. And will start looking for Boraras Brigittae again locally. And a couple more of the Boesemani females. I will need to go on a long drive to check out the not so lfs to find them.

Will have to make a special trip to get more of the Green Kubotai this week if they are in stock.

Did a little tidying of the fish food containers and put away a few things I have been forgetting to put away.

Wanting to move the 3 buckets of misc plants and snails with sponge filter and stuff to get the room looking better. Hoping to finish that tonight.

Did a 1 gallon pwc and added almost a gallon of evaporated water from the week I was mostly away from home on the 6.6G SW nano.

Removed a few bristleworms from the SW and also changes the filter floss to a filter pad and upped the water flow to help clean out the cloudiness I stirred up. Removed a few dead frag plugs I had dumped in with some other rubble for my little Pistol shrimp (which I never see) when I was in a hurry one evening to wrap things up. It had made a muck catching cave where the intake was. Now that is gone. Should be cleaner now that the filter can get the crumbs.

The 2 extra Double Black Angelfish will have a new, good, experienced home in a couple weeks :)

Got the Cuprisorb in which absorbs copper, so I will be emptying the 46G QT tank and refilling and running this stuff for a couple weeks at a time and testing for the copper levels, till it is gone.

Got 2 bags just in case I needed it. Have heard great things about the effiacy of this product - to eliminate any detectable copper. Won't use a copper containing product again in a whole tank application!!!

Found a juvenile TT shrimp walking around, so that pretty much proves that the TT were having babies and the Green Kubotai were enjoying expensive snacks!

Still see 2 berried females, probably the same two as before. So very hopeful in getting a whole bunch of babies to start filling up the stock. I will be on the look out for a few more very nice ones from an outside source to strengthen the line.

Fed the goldfish Repashy Soilent Green for the first time. I think the cubes I cut may be a little large. I think they liked it, but they didn't go crazy for it.

Tested nitrates and phosphate to see how the PPS-Pro is going. Phosphate was low so I upped the micros and non-nitrogen macros.

Re-planted all the elodea/anacharis that my piggy goldfish uprooted over the weekend.

Looked at testing kits for potassium and magnesium so I have a better idea of what plant uptake is. They're all really expensive and not in the range/accuracy necessary for PPS-Pro, so I gave up and ordered a TDS meter from Amazon.

Nothing yet.

But I need to re-place a frag that was knocked off the LR by my (gigantic) Emerald Crab -- that puppy's easily 2" claw-tip to claw-tip when he's acting mean...maybe even 2 1/2" tip-to-tip -- that'll be done within the next hour.

Nothing to be done in the 29g.

Finished moving a few things around. Edited out a tank stand I thought would be cute to use someday (the doors have glass, frosted and fish outlines), but instead it looks like its going on the donation truck in a couple days. Too many projects and just not enough time to make it all happen.

Spent a bit of time getting around to nearly ordering some macroalgae from Reef Keepers trying to decide for sure to spend $20 more to get free shipping which is really like 10 because shipping is $10 - LOL!

Also checked in on a local company to buy some (SW) pods, but they can't do pick up only shipping UGH...have I mentioned (lately) how much I hate paying for shipping!!!!!!? Wierd I know... its cost to get stuff from one place to another...I know - still hate it!

Back
Top Bottom