What do u guys think about this stock list?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Impulse09

Aquarium Advice Freak
29 gallon w/ t5ho 39 watt lights
Planted tank, driftwood, marineland biowheel 200b filter good for 50 gallons
I have:
1 bn pleco
5 peppered cory catfish
10 rummynose tetras
8 Cardinal tetras
1 platy, 4 little fry plattie
1 flame red dwarf guorami
1 pearl guorami
1 yellow honey guorami
1 young silver angelfish

Will I need a new filter?

ForumRunner_20121007_193136.jpg

Your stocked pretty heavy. The only thing that concerns me is with three gourami's in a tank that size you could have some serious aggression issues somewhere down the road. Thing is with them is they can all get along just fine for awhile and then one day all heck breaks loose. You need to watch them really close.

I'm not familar with that filter but with your stock adding another one will certainly not hurt. If all the fish are really little right now with doing 50% WC's weekly you should be okay. But down the road as they grow I would suggest a bigger one or just adding another one and have two on the tank.

They all get along pretty well, I heard the guoramis I have should be fine. I am adding more filtration soon.

I'd expect your gouramis/angelfish to have territorial disputes only being in a 29G

I would add another filter. I currently run 2 150s on my 20 gallon and run a heavy stock. It works out to be 300GPH on the 20 gallon. I'd run 400 on yours.

I would suggest more cover for the fish as well. Plant it heavier and add some more drift wood or caves/rocks. Break up the tank and give each gourami and the angle a space that could be claimed as theirs and break up sight lines. It should work for a while but I'd also be expecting to see some aggression pop up in the future and would start to prepare for that, especially if the gourami are not mature and where the angle isn't. It's not uncommon to see aggression arise in a peaceful tank when some fish start to mature

I bought a new marineland penguin 200 filter yesterday, so I will have 2 on the back of my 29 gallon. I have read that dwarf guoramis and angels are compatible tankmates. We shall see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom