What do what do you dwarf puffers eat ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MineShaker

Aquarium Advice Activist
I try feeding mine fish flakes but they don't eat it ?

Sent from the crayfish lover Mine Shaker

Any thing else

Lol I'm sure there is I will look it up but ik for a fact that snails are one of their favorite fiods

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Bloodworms black worms and if you can make them adjust to frozen that will work. Prefer live

Would sinker pellets work or is it just live

I guess it depends tbh. I'm sure some will take it and some won't. Worth a try tho.

He did not want it he seemed interested at first but then swam away

They need something with a shell to keep their teeth down such as snails.

Could they be snails you find outside under rocks also how big should the snails be

Yeah so snails are a pretty much must have. You can get ramshorn snails and breed them in another tank really easily

No you need aquarium snails. Those could bring all kinda nasty into the tank. They should be big enough for your puffer to eat im not sure how big that would be

Could they be land snails

Could they be land snails

No they can't they have to be aquarium snails. You don't know what that could bring into your tank.

I would return the puffer if I were you and do some more research.

I agree with Matty. You need to be prepared to offer live food and spend some time trying to get them onto frozen. My puffers only take live pond snails, ramshorns and MTS, blackworms and frozen bloodworms. I would just give back the puffers until you have some nice, steady live foo cultures going. Then you should be fine. Are these puffers in the same tank as the crayfish? If so, then you have some good live food for the crayfish. They will be eaten soon. Puffers don't touch flakes or pellets and only take frozen or live.

Yeah there in the same tank but the crayfish doesn't bother them he is really small to

I'm getting them snails right now

Back
Top Bottom