What fish for big tank? 7ft x 2ft x 3ft

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMO an arowana would be awesome and unique I just watched a video of one the other day on YouTube pretty AWESOME fish! Definitely not a fish you see everyday! My jaw dropped watching that video lol!

Tigroscr said:
IMO an arowana would be awesome and unique I just watched a video of one the other day on YouTube pretty AWESOME fish! Definitely not a fish you see everyday! My jaw dropped watching that video lol!

Arowana would be nice but they get four feet long. I saw one at an LFS yesterday that was already 3 ft and in a six foot tank. I think an arowana needs a tank that's twice it's size.

Would be awesome to have a arowana but (can't belive I'm saying this) they do get to big even for a 7x2x3ft tank

Fly river turtle? diffrent and combine that with some nice semi aggressive fish that wont tear up the turtle

No don't like them want to be unique and different like arowana or fire eel or tiger shovelnose sort of thing but they all get too big

No don't like them want to be different like arowana or fire eel or tiger shovelnose sort of thing but they all get too big

Tomk2u said:
Would be awesome to have a arowana but (can't belive I'm saying this) they do get to big even for a 7x2x3ft tank

Yeah I guess your right they do get huge! But such an awesome fish IMO! :)

What about freshwater rays they're really cool! Saw some of those on you tube too! But I don't know enough about them honestly to know what size tank they would need :)

It's about 314 gallons if anyone was wondering, I think you could do a smaller freshwater ray but I'm not 100 percent positive

bruinsbro1997 said:
Your tank is also big enough for a school of RTBS. Along with a ray and maybe another sort of schoolers that would look like a pretty cool tank.

Yeah you don't see a school of 10 inch fish in an aquarium everyday

i like the ray idea does anyone know if they would get on with my 16inch sailfin pleco?

Tomk2u said:
i like the ray idea does anyone know if they would get on with my 16inch sailfin pleco?

I think the only thing your pleco might not get along with would be another pleco but idk for sure! If you do the rays that would be oh so cool! Please post pix if you do! The spotted ones are super cool :)

The only thing I'd worry about with the rays is they wouldn't have enough floor space when the decor is added. While teacups are smaller than allot of the others they still have a 12-14" disk.

Back
Top Bottom