What fish for big tank? 7ft x 2ft x 3ft

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not going to both trying rays with my catfish to much risk from what I've read and been told

ive stopped trying to find rare and unusual fish now.
i went to my local shop today and bought a few fish that i like and that all should get on well but still have the wow appeal

3 red fin tin foil barbs (all 3 inch)
1 golden giant gourami (about 4-5 inch)
1 lima shovelnose catfish (about 5-6 inch)
1 fire eel (6-7 inch)
1 synodontis decora (5-6 inch)
and ive got my 16-17 inch sailfin plec to
smallest fish will get to 10-11 inch (syno decora) and they all should be fine together will be good to watch them all grow to adult size as they are all still babys apart from my sailfin (witch ive had from 2inch)
thanks for the suggestions any way guys will post pics when the tank is complete and ive got the fish in as they all in sepreate tanks round the house at the moment till the 7ft comes :)

giant gouramis are such beautiful giants!

my LFS had a breeding PAIR in an 8 foot tank - GORGEOUS !

If I had the space/money, I would definitely consider buying them. If there ever was a centerpiece fish, giant gouramis are definitely at the top of the list imo.

Picked up 3 Apollo sharks today to finish off the tank should look amazing when they have all grown up will post pics of the fish soon while they are all still young

Far to expensive to ran a marine tank this size because of the corals live rock and RO water needed but yea would be EPIC tho.
would have to win lottery or something

Why not a fresh water moray eel?

Also, the rays may have issues with the pleco. Plecos have been known to attach them,selves to the rays disk to suck off the slime, causing grave injury. They usually only do it when very hungry, but still....

However, a Motoro stingray (freshwater) is an absolutely awesome fish.

nothing against saltwater tanks, but I find them overrated.

Sure, they are very colourful.

But a nicely setup freshwater tank can rival even the most beautiful saltwater tank.

Bubble_B0y said:
nothing against saltwater tanks, but I find them overrated.

Sure, they are very colourful.

But a nicely setup freshwater tank can rival even the most beautiful saltwater tank.

I agree! + they're expensive have you priced the fish? YIKES!!!!! :)

I agree! + they're expensive have you priced the fish? YIKES!!!!! :)

i know :nono:
I also find they require a greater level of care, which can become alot more stressful.
This defeats the enjoyment and relaxation of an aquarium - when a hobbyist spends more time worrying about tank stability and maintenance.

Another issue I find with saltwater tanks, is that they tend to look all the same!!!
Do a google search of saltwater tanks, or youtube search of salwater setups. The aquascaping is basically the same. A mountain of liverock in the center of the tank and corals surrounding.
There is no individuality.

I find with Freshwater setups, each tank has its own personality and look - whether it be the fish or the ornaments.
There are alot more options and freedom in how you to choose to decorate a freshwater tank. Plants, driftwood, rocks, sand, gravel, logs, caves...to plastic toys.
You can create an underwater jungle with plants, a natural underwater world with driftwood, or a fun tank with fancy airstones/bubblers and novelty trinkets .

Although, if I did choose to setup a saltwater tank. I would breakaway from the conventional "nemo" setup - and buy seahorses or pufferfish.

Tomk2u said:
Far to expensive to ran a marine tank this size because of the corals live rock and RO water needed but yea would be EPIC tho.
would have to win lottery or something

Oh you could go Fish only with rock. Maybe add some fake corals and buy a shark and other fish such as triggers or tangs. That would look bada***

Back
Top Bottom