What should I put with Angels in a 55 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Psylk87

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 55 gallon tank and want a pair of angels in it. What should i put with them and how many of each? I was def wanting some corys but how many should i get and what kind? Also what colorful or intersting patterned schoaling fish can i get to go in(not rainbow fish)? How many of each?

Has anyone tried killifish with angels?

I want it to be a peaceful community tank. It will be live planted but I want lots of color and interesting patterns.

I think you're killifish will get along with the angel's. What type of killifish do you want?
Not sure about schooling fish. Not that much of an expert in that sort.

I am not sure I have never kept killifish before but I love all that color they have. They are such gorgeous little fish.

I am not sure I have never kept killifish before but I love all that color they have. They are such gorgeous little fish.
They really are. I suggest doing some research, as some have a big difference in size as others, witch can vary a lot of things :)

You could do about ten cories, like panda or peppered. I have peppered and bronze and I love them.

You could do a couple rams, like german or bolivian.

Penguin tetras IMO are cute, and stay 3 inches so they would be less likely to be eaten, you could do ten.

Killifish, I am not familiar with, but I do know that most common ones are annuals. Why don't you like rainbow fish? There are some that look like killies and better IMO.

You could do some cardinal tetras, very pretty with plants IMO.

Another cool fish is Black Ruby Barbs, same size as tigers but pretty peaceful.

Then of course you could do a cool pleco like a Gold Nugget if you want to spend $50..

Oh I will definitely research them more. I just wnat to get opinions before I get too into the idea of them. And I am stuck on opinions for other stuff to put in the tank. I have never had such a big tank to actually have it nicely stocked.

You could do about ten cories, like panda or peppered. I have peppered and bronze and I love them.

You could do a couple rams, like german or bolivian.

Penguin tetras IMO are cute, and stay 3 inches so they would be less likely to be eaten, you could do ten.

Killifish, I am not familiar with, but I do know that most common ones are annuals. Why don't you like rainbow fish? There are some that look like killies and better IMO.

You could do some cardinal tetras, very pretty with plants IMO.

Another cool fish is Black Ruby Barbs, same size as tigers but pretty peaceful.

Then of course you could do a cool pleco like a Gold Nugget if you want to spend $50..

I just dont like the body shape of rainbows for some reason.

The threadfin and the furcata rainbows have a much nicer shape. Are they hard to get a hold of them? How many could go in with the 2 angels and the corys?

I am trying to stick with ones that are easier to get becuase the only thing I really have close is a Petco.

The threadfin and the furcata rainbows have a much nicer shape. Are they hard to get a hold of them? How many could go in with the 2 angels and the corys?

I am trying to stick with ones that are easier to get becuase the only thing I really have close is a Petco.

I've seen them at local LFS, but not at chains like Petco. They tend to be pricey. Groups of 6 or more are recommended. They stay fairly small. You might see them on Aquabid or some folks here on AA probably breed them.

Back
Top Bottom