what temperature do I keep cories ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubble_B0y

Aquarium Advice Addict
I heard that cories do better in cooler water and become less active if the water becomes too warm.

If you keep cories, can you please tell me what temperature is your tank.
I want my cories to be very active.

I've read they are able to be kept at 72-79 F. I don't have any so it isn't personal experience, just reading I have done.

I had my albinos in temps that ranged at various times from 78-82. They seemed fine at both temps.

from my experience with a few different types of cories (julii, albino, emerald, and bronze) they really enjoy the lower temps at about 68-75. HTH!

As has been mentioned, it depends on the species....some do best around 70ºF, whereas others (like sterbai) do better around 82ºF....do you know what species you have?

I have panda corydoras and i do notice that when i used to keep my tank lower.. actually around 73-75 they were more active, but when i got angel fish my water is around 78-80.. they seem less active than they used to be, they used to play in the bubbles a lot but they still eat and keep the bottom squeaky clean...

Back
Top Bottom