What to feed baby betta fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aces11

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought a baby betta at petco yesterday and I was told it was about 4 weeks old. It looks big enough to eat the flakes I feed the rest of my fish but I don't think it noticed when I was feeding the tank this morning. Is there anything special I should be feeding it? I was going to try to find some live foods like bloodworms this week when I find the time. I've also read about hard boiled egg yolk. Does my betta require any special/different foods?

Aces11 said:
I bought a baby betta at petco yesterday and I was told it was about 4 weeks old. It looks big enough to eat the flakes I feed the rest of my fish but I don't think it noticed when I was feeding the tank this morning. Is there anything special I should be feeding it? I was going to try to find some live foods like bloodworms this week when I find the time. I've also read about hard boiled egg yolk. Does my betta require any special/different foods?

The same thing happens with all the bettas I've owned I've trained them to scoop em up in a cup and feed them in there
It'll soon learn that cup=food
Just an idea

Fishandmusic81 said:
The same thing happens with all the bettas I've owned I've trained them to scoop em up in a cup and feed them in there
It'll soon learn that cup=food
Just an idea

Ya I've thought about doing that. It just seems like a pain to do everyday.

1 tablespoon crushed flakes
1 teaspoon betta pellets or hikari micro pellet
1 teaspoon ground freeze dried bloodworms or/and 1 teaspoon freeze dried brine shrimp
2 ground up algae wafers
Smash everything with a rolling pin in a plastic bag and shake
Ta da! Fish food!
Feed them by feeding the other of the fish at one end of the tank and train the betta to come to the opposite end

emerald76 said:
1 tablespoon crushed flakes
1 teaspoon betta pellets or hikari micro pellet
1 teaspoon ground freeze dried bloodworms or/and 1 teaspoon freeze dried brine shrimp
2 ground up algae wafers
Smash everything with a rolling pin in a plastic bag and shake
Ta da! Fish food!
Feed them by feeding the other of the fish at one end of the tank and train the betta to come to the opposite end

That's a great idea for food, thank you! I think I might keep it in the breeder net until it gets a little bigger. Or I'll try to train it. It'll be hard though cuz all my other fish attack any food they see.

Back
Top Bottom