When can I put Amano Shrimp in my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boffer

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, it's been 4 day since I put 5 Panda Corys from my quarantine tank and in to my display tank, and i want some Amano Shrimp to eat some of my green hair alge. How long should I wait to I put Amano Shrimp in the display tank, add how many can I put in? I know that their bioload iis very low

Display tank : 350 liters
- Is cycled

Filtration:
1 - EX 1200 Plus 3,5 Kg biohome ultimate
1 - EX 1200 Plus 3,5 Kg biohome ultimate

- Fish :
- 3 Guppyes
- 1 Catfish Dwarf suckers
- 5 Panda Corys

Water:
Kh : 20
GH : 20
Ph 8
Ammonia : 0
Nitrit : 0
Nitrat : 14

Temperature:
24 C

Ok good to know how many can I put in is 10 too much at the time? and should I quarantine them?

Well I don't want bring disease in my main tank so I think I will quantum thank you for the answer

Amanos are algae eating machines. I'd start with 5/6, give them a week and if they're not really clearing it up add more. Remember once the algae is gone they will need to be fed.

Last edited by a moderator:
But my quarantine tank is not cycled should I wait to it Cycles?` before I put them in

So you dismantled your quarantine tank after you took the Cories out? I'm not exactly sure if you have 2 canisters or if it's just a duplicate post, but if you do have two putting one on your quarantine tank would help accelerate cycling time to almost instant, if you only have 1 then using some its mèdia in the filter for the quarantine tank would accomplish the same thing just perhaps not instant. I have found Amanos to be pretty hardy when it comes to a cycling tank so if the tank isn't *perfect* they should be okay.

So you dismantled your quarantine tank after you took the Cories out? I'm not exactly sure if you have 2 canisters or if it's just a duplicate post, but if you do have two putting one on your quarantine tank would help accelerate cycling time to almost instant, if you only have 1 then using some its mèdia in the filter for the quarantine tank would accomplish the same thing just perhaps not instant. I have found Amanos to be pretty hardy when it comes to a cycling tank so if the tank isn't *perfect* they should be okay.

Thanks for the answer, i have 2 canisters on my main tank, and one on my quarantine tank, i toke some media from the main tank, and put in my quarantine tank, I'm testing the water every day see how it goes

Back
Top Bottom