Which fish grow TALL? need some help on tall fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubble_B0y

Aquarium Advice Addict
So far I have... Angelfish, Discus and Silver Dollars.

What other fish grow "Tall" or are deep-bodied?

I am trying to fill my 65 gallon tank 36" (L) x 18" (W) x 24" (Height)
And it looks a little empty in the middle-top regions.

I have:
1 adult female angelfish (the male mating pair died)
6 corydoras

How about hatchet fish for the top region? They wont be as big as angels, etc. I don't think but they are a kind of deep bodied. Good luck

Tall, Deep-bodied fish

- Angelfish
- Discus
- Silver Dollars
- Hatchetfish
- Sailfin Molly
- Balloon Molly
- Longfin Black Skirt tetra
- Ballon Red-eye tetra

Bubble_B0y said:
Tall, Deep-bodied fish

- Angelfish
- Discus
- Silver Dollars
- Hatchetfish
- Sailfin Molly
- Balloon Molly
- Longfin Black Skirt tetra
- Ballon Red-eye tetra

Dwarf and other kinds of gourami?
They get tall....

Balloon fish are created through selective breeding to perpetuate and exacerbate deformity. I'd avoid them. JMO.

Go for altum angels! but if you don't want to spend that kind of money...either hatchetfish or danios. Both are top dwelling species, hatchets are the deeper bodied and danios are mostly slender, but danios are very active and would fill in the top space of the tank well.

If you've got a new set up I'd suggest getting some more angels under your belt before tackling altums. Finicky buggers but they are but gorgeous fish. I envy anyone who has the space and time for them.

Some rainbows in the Melanotaenia family grow tall.The Trifasciatas grow to between 3"to4" tall. I have some Goyder river Tri's that are approaching the 4" tall mark. They are very peaceful fish and when the males display to each other or show off for the females they are a sight, they have a stripe that runs from the first dorsal to the tip of the top lip that actually flashes when displaying. Rainbows do best when kept in groups.

Back
Top Bottom