Which fish next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxamillion

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am looking for good fish to stock my tank, I am looking for fish with great personalities, like Clowns (I already have two of them). So something that would get along in a reef tank with clowns, shrimp and my blenny.

I am just having a really hard time deciding. I want something that requires less maintenance. And something that will feed fine off of flake food, supplemented with brine shrimp etc.

Any ideas?

TIA,
Max

Most tangs get a little big for a 75gallon eventually. I would reconmend a dwarf angel such as a flame, coral beauty, or a lemon peel angel they stay pretty small have good colors, but may not have a very big personality.
Some dwarf angels may nip at corals.

HTH

Thats what I was thinking too, do you have one, if so what do you feed it? I was told to avoid the lettuce as many times it introduces nitrates and pesticides into the aquarium etc.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Max

I feed my flame angel forumal 1 sinking pellets, a high quality flake food,nori (sea weed), newly hatched brine shrimp, and also some blender mush once a week.

Again HTH

I thought a more established tank was recommended for angels since they are also grazing fish? I could be wrong (and don't own one so I very well may be) but I just thought I'd poing that out. Some low maintenance fish that I've seen highly recommended would be a royal gramma and firefish. The Helfrich's firefish is a beautiful fish if you've got it in ya to spend that much on a fish!

See thats another thing I was thinking about, but I was reading in "The conscientious Marine Aquarist" By Fenner that they are pretty easy to take care of. I think the reason why people classify them as being for 'non' begginers is because the fact that they are probably a bit hard to start feeding, and also a lot of beginers neglect their tanks, it says that Tangs require feeding EVERY day.

-Max

Blender mush can have really anything u want in it; I just make blender mush with some cut up shrimp, some times some cut up muscles(spelling), i havent but i hear that many people use additives such as extrem garlic and vitemans( sorry spelling) then i put into a like a tray with some wax paper and freeze it. When its all frozen take it out put into a zip lock baggy. Then when i feed it i take a glass with some RO water or water from tank or sump then add a nice size chunk of the frozen mush as it thaws i put in brine and mysis shrimp. Mix it all up. When its all done thawing add it to the tank and every thing eats.

There are many different opinions about blender mush if u want different opinions go search o this wonderful site and i bet you'll find a lot more.

I didnt think that angel fish needed esablished tanks. And i feed my fish usally twice a day with flakes or pellets.

Again and again hope this helps.

Max, if you looking for any kind of tang i would recommend it be the last fish you introduce...No matter what anyone says about being peaceful they get aggressive about their territory. I have 3 royal grammas and they will eat anything you put in the tank. Kinda boring fish although they are starting to swim around...and they swim funny! :lol: Which is kinda entertaining...HTH I would recommend a Wrasse awesome cleaning fish.

Back
Top Bottom