Who am I?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry guys but i just saw this:

Polypterid/Primitive Fish/Catfish Fanatic
52 Aquariums, 2000+ total gallons, Aquarist since 1971.

HOLY CRAP THATS ALOT OF H2O
i'd love to see where and how u keep it all

If it makes you feel any better, I just looked at this thread for the first time since you posted that...

Let me do a little thinking and I'll be back with the next one

I was born in the Winter of 1942 in Seattle. In the early 50's my parents divorced and I was raised by my father. I like music and from a young age listened to my fathers old albums. When I was a teenager, I was influenced by the Rock & Roll bands of the 1950's. My dad realized how much I liked music and bought me a cheap guitar. Within months I was playing gigs with local Rock bands.

I joined the Army in 1962 but was discharged a year later for medical reasons. Shortly after returning to Seattle I was a pick-up (someone who was at clubs to step in if a band member was ill, drunk, forgot to turn up etc.) for artists including the Isley Brothers, Little Richard, and Sam Cooke.

In the mid 60's I moved to New York and in 1966 formed my first band. This is when I started singing for the very first time.

Who am I?

"I was born on October 16, 1758, in Hartford Ct. I graduated Yale Univesity. I wanted to study law, but my parents could not afford to give me more money for school. So, in order to earn a living, I taught school. When I finally saved enough money, I studied law.

I didn't like the schools at the time and I started teaching school full-time. I thought
that Americans should learn from American books, so in 1783, I wrote his my own textbook about the English language. This book led to the writing of another book, usually referred to as the "Blue backed speller".

It took me 27 years years to complete the book that I'm known for. I took liberty with the English language to create a book that I felt all American's should utilize to move away from British doctrines and spellings. You can look it up."

Who am I?

Toirtis must be away on holiday or some such thing, therefore...I'll give another:

"I was born on January 6, 1925, in Detroit, Michigan. I grew up during the depression. My father had worked in the local Ford Factory. I studied engineering at the Lawrence Institute of Technology where I graduated with a degree. My first job was for Packard Motor Car Company and then the Chrysler Corporation. Later, I joined General Motors. At General Motors, I gained fame for the Pontiac GTO. I was promoted to the position of directing General Motors North American operations.

I left GM in 1973 due to some philosophical problems regarding a revoluntary car I had designed. It seemed that GM didn't believe the vehicle was marketable in the United States. The car had a stainless steel body, two seats and futurist doors. I sought out investors and set up my own company in Northern Ireland.

From the beginning there were problems. Sales of the new (and only vehicle) didn't meet any of our expectations. The company eventually moved towards financial collapse and went bankrupt in 1983. I was arrested once on suspicion of drug trafficking in order to help solve the financial woes of the company but was later acquitted.

What's truly amazing is, although the car never reached the level of fame I had wished for it through sales, it became famous for some silly movie about time travel".

Who am I?

I know who that is JC. I watched a movie on the whole car thing when I was a freshman in college. Pretty interesting. The Dalorean guy or however you spell that. Right? I'll rack my brain for a couple hours trying to get his name.

Fishyfanatic said:
I know who that is JC. I watched a movie on the whole car thing when I was a freshman in college. Pretty interesting. The Dalorean guy or however you spell that. Right? I'll rack my brain for a couple hours trying to get his name.

Yup, John DeLorean.

Congrats and you're up!

OMG, I didn't actually think that was his name. 8O I just remembered the name of the car. Ok, uhm, give me a bit. I'll have to write something up.

I was born on December 5, 1901 in Chicago Illinois, to my father, an Irish-Canadian, and my mother, who was of German-American descent. I was one of five children, four boys and a girl.

During the fall of 1918, I attempted to enlist for military service but was rejected because I was under age, only sixteen years old at the time. Instead, I joined the Red Cross and was sent overseas to France, where I spent a year driving an ambulance and chauffeuring Red Cross officials. My ambulance was covered from stem to stern, not with stock camouflage, but something that I am later known for.

Once I returned from France, I began producing short animated films for local businesses, in Kansas City. By the time I had started to create The Alice Comedies, which was about a real girl and her adventures in an animated world, I ran out of money, and my company Laugh-O-Grams went bankrupted.

On July 13, 1925, I married one of my first employees, Lillian Bounds, in Lewiston, Idaho. Later on we would be blessed with two daughters, Diane and Sharon. Three years after I wed Lilly, I created a new animated character that I will always be associated with.

Too easy? Who Am I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom