Who am I?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was born in the small town in West Virginia. My Father was an Electrical Engineer, my mother, a teacher. By the time I was 12 years old I was spending lots of time doing scientific experiments in my room in our home. From 1945-1948 I attended the Carnegie Institute, ater called Carnegie-Mellon University. I then went to work at MIT.

Who am I?

here goes:

Some people say I was born in 1757, but I was actually born in 1755 on a small island. My parents were not married and my father left our family in 1765. I was sent away to school by our local church. I attended what would later be known as Columbia University.

I served in the Revolutionary War and rode next to some VERY famous and influential people. This fact led me to a life in politics and helping to build this great nation.

Hint time:

In 1777 I was selected as one of General George Washington's personal aids. I was later elected to the First Continental Congress and was one of the driving forces behind ratification of the US Constitution. I was the First Secretary of the Treasury and also sucessfully defended the first case in front of the Supreme Court on the constitionality of a law in reference to a tax law on carriages.

Funny thing is Toirtis, that I watched National Treasure last night.....I posted this a few days ago....premonition on my part maybe.....

OK, keeping the theme (your first clue):

I was born in Boston in the early eighteenth century, cousin to a famous American leader....I attended Harvard, where I studied the arts. A popular chap, I dabbled in politics, and often could be found hanging out in Philly. I also like a pint with my friends down at my favourite pub, The Green Dragon."

Who am I?

The Pub, Boston and politic's = Sam Adams.....of course, it being my hubby's favorite beer doesn't hurt. 8O

Actually, i thought i was wrong cause it seemed to obvious. :wink:

Ok, i am new here, so do i get a prize?? :fadein: :mrgreen: :lol:

Ok! How about someone else takes my place, while i go back and read who everyone else has already done. I don't want to repeat anyone, that would be too easy. I don't want to hold anyone up!!

So someone else post one.......please.... :n00b: :lol:

Not a problem:

"I was born in a small town in Connecticut in 1738. I'm best known as a frontiersman. I was one of the leaders of a group of frontiersmen who defended a fort somewhere in the state of Vermont. We were known as the "Green Mountain Boys".

Who am I?
Extra bonus - Name that Fort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom