Wigglers 2: Birth of a hatchery & everything Angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sometimes, when you have a lot going on, things slip by. I cleaned tanks a few days ago and I made sure I had cleaned the empty tanks just in case things started to turn around. Today, was the day that I needed those tanks. (y) I knew I had 8 tanks at the ready when I was done. (y)(y) I used 3 with spawns the other day. 1 jar and 2- 2 1/2s with hatched fry now + 1 bucket with a few fry ( just to see. :whistle: ) So I should have 5 more tanks, right? WRONG! I pulled 4 spawns today and saw that I only had 2 tanks empty to put them in so there was some doubling up on the hatch tanks. Here's the problem: apparently, I used those empty tanks for other fish so now I don't have 7 tanks to put the wigglers in when they start swimming. :facepalm: What's worse is I have no idea where and when I can set up or clean out those tanks this week. :facepalm::facepalm::banghead::banghead::facepalm: And I want to breed more fish??:blink::huh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Um... How about those oddball wall mounted deals supposedly for betta as a holdover? Wall o wigglers!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

A bit of engineering could possibly counter that, but it's your circus XD I'm just trying to think of any sort of space you aren't currently using.

A bit of engineering could possibly counter that, but it's your circus XD I'm just trying to think of any sort of space you aren't currently using.

The problem is as much space as it is time. The wall units I've seen barely hold a gallon of water. Right now, I have 3 spawns that have already polluted 2- 2 1/2 gal tanks and 1- 1 gal jar and they just hatched yesterday. So those tanks wouldn't make anything work as they can't hold enough water to really help the situation. A sponge filter, small enough to fit in those tanks, is too small for a "normal" sized spawn. But thanks for the suggestion. ;)(y)

Andy, I'm back from Texas. My Dads about as good as could be expected. Hey my one breeding pair, the ones I've taken to calling cannibals, spawned again today. I took the slate out and put it in a 2 gallon fish bowl inside a 10 gallon aquarium. I've got heaters in the aquarium to keep it up to temp and in the fish bowl I used a little more than 1/8 of a tsp of methylene blue chips n the water and there is an airstone below the slate cascading(?) bubbles up the slate. I adjusted the air flow so it's not full strength on the eggs. Wondering if I did the right things here. It's the first time I've tried hatching the eggs in a separate tank.

Another thing, is it ok for these two to spawn so often. They do it about every 2 weeks. Give or take a day.

Andy, I'm back from Texas. My Dads about as good as could be expected. Hey my one breeding pair, the ones I've taken to calling cannibals, spawned again today. I took the slate out and put it in a 2 gallon fish bowl inside a 10 gallon aquarium. I've got heaters in the aquarium to keep it up to temp and in the fish bowl I used a little more than 1/8 of a tsp of methylene blue chips n the water and there is an airstone below the slate cascading(?) bubbles up the slate. I adjusted the air flow so it's not full strength on the eggs. Wondering if I did the right things here. It's the first time I've tried hatching the eggs in a separate tank.

Another thing, is it ok for these two to spawn so often. They do it about every 2 weeks. Give or take a day.

Sounds good. (y) Just be prepared with some carbon ( I use a filter bag for this) when the eggs hatch to remove the m. blue. I just put about a golf ball size amount in a filter bag then place close to the bubbles so the water filters through the bag. Blue should be gone overnight. (y)
Yes, spawn frequency increases as the fish get older ( and ironically, gets longer as they get much older) so expect, at some point, every 7-10 days as Poppa mentioned and I have . :dance:

I wish mine would spawn every 2 weeks :lol:
With your limited tank space right now, NO, YOU DON'T!!! :eek: :ROFLMAO: :D

I give you my judo bow, my jiu jitsu bow, and Throw in a taekwondo Bow for good measure. Now lets touch gloves and breed some fish... Had to throw in my boxing too.

Sensai.... Im really starting to equate this to combat sports. You work, work, work.... Take your beatings.... Try n come out victorious. Its all about good conditioning and a solid gameplan. LMFAO

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Im dying over here.... Lol. Tryin to pack up sini's angels isnt easy when your laughin.

When all else fails I can just ignore the angelfish because I have 22 loaches and that's what matters in fishkeeping ;)

Im dying over here.... Lol. Tryin to pack up sini's angels isnt easy when your laughin.

( ok, last one so you can catch your breath:brows: ) When you have breeding Angels, if you don't have too many, you're not doing it right. :eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom