Will my corydoras interbreed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nicki Gaga

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've got 1 albino corydoras in my tank (cuz all the others died), so I wanted to start anew by buying 3 leopard corydoras. I would like to breed them, but I'm afraid that the albino corydoras would breed with them. I don't want a hybrid as I would like to sell the babies and hybrids could be dangerous. What can I do?

I've got 1 albino corydoras in my tank (cuz all the others died), so I wanted to start anew by buying 3 leopard corydoras. I would like to breed them, but I'm afraid that the albino corydoras would breed with them. I don't want a hybrid as I would like to sell the babies and hybrids could be dangerous. What can I do?

No, They will not interbreed. Albino Corys are usually the albino morph of the bronze corydora (Corydoras Aeneus) and what you are referring to as leopard corys are almost 100% not bronze corydoras. (y)

Okay so I just bought the julii corydoras (or coryodras trilineatus) yesterday and they are like 3cm each so I really doubt that they will mate with my 7cm albino corydoras :lol:

Julis will grow to be about the size of your albino, just wait. I learned that with my 5 year old peppered Cory, started out at 1" and by two years he was 4"

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Woah.

But what can I do if my julii corydoras all turn out to be females and can't breed? I don't want to sell all of them and buy babies again :(

How many did you buy?

Fishobsessed7

3 tanks and counting! (6 if you count the bettas)

Back
Top Bottom