Will These Fish Get ALong Together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I can't find it but Etunes might know it still, I also found www.plecoplanet.com they might help. Too tired to search though I think I'm off to bed. One con to being a single parent: you have to get up with your little man (or little woman) when they do. :x

do you know everything about the fish you need to? i mean, if you're buying a fish that you don't even know the name of, chances are you don't know the proper care it needs. might want to look into it a little more before buying it.

well thats an albino but w/e i can take pictures next time im there. it seems i have to prove the existence of this fish. also i learned it gets 18 inches when full grown

Like crepe's link, but red not oj

Roselines aka denison barbs will be a bad idea especially 6 in that tank as all of them can reach up to 4 inches and like a lot of room to swim. Ill be putting 5 of them in my 250 gal.

It's just that Hifin pleco is an ambiguous name, that is used to refer to many species of fish.

exactly. and if you don't know what the exact fish is, you can't know for sure the exact care that it needs. just want to make sure you will be able to care for and accommodate it properly. no sense in keeping fish miserable just so you can look at it. just saying.

No one is attacking you; I don't understand why you get so defensive here. You ask questions, we answer them. The people on this forum are wonderful people who will do everything they can to help you; but we can't help you if we don't know what you're talking about. So if we don't know what you are talking about, we will ask :) And then you provide as much detail as you can and we do what we can to help you out.

well thats an albino but w/e i can take pictures next time im there. it seems i have to prove the existence of this fish. also i learned it gets 18 inches when full grown

Like crepe's link, but red not oj

and an 18" pleco should be in a pond, IMO. even a 90 gallon you want to upgrade to is kinda small for a pleco of that size.

I am not being defensive, just accurate. You guys are like acting like I don't know what I am talking about and are doubting my credibility which I don't appreciate. I called the store like three times to talk about this fish, they have it.

At the store it says "Red Hi Fin Pleco - $7.98" (don't know actual price). It is a pleco that has red and black stripes, similar to the Call of Duty Modern Warfare "Red Tiperstripe" Camouflage. It will grow up to 18 inches. If I want I can buy it then return it to the store for credit towards another fish once it gets too big. Thats all I know about it. If the store mislabeled the species then so be it, I can't control that. But it does have a high dorsal fin and black and red stripes.

we're not saying your a liar. we're just saying its not a name or description we've heard before so we're curious to know what it looks like and what it's characteristics are.
there are tons of different types of plecostomus and most of them just have an L#. i think theres about 20 that are just called "common plec" but theyre quite different.
so relax k? we're just trying to help.

exactly. and if you don't know what the exact fish is, you can't know for sure the exact care that it needs. just want to make sure you will be able to care for and accommodate it properly. no sense in keeping fish miserable just so you can look at it. just saying.

I never said liar, just credibility. And I have described the fish in question like 3 times, all the same description. If you guys don't know, then you don't know. Just because you don't know what 1 fish without a picture is doesn't reflect the community's overall intelligence, just lack of knowledge on a specific. I have looked around online myself and have not found it.

I am not being defensive, just accurate. You guys are like acting like I don't know what I am talking about and are doubting my credibility which I don't appreciate. I called the store like three times to talk about this fish, they have it.

I apologize if we came across that way to you, and I am sorry you feel like your knowledge/experience is being challenged. I can only speak for myself, but I know I get curious at stuff I haven't heard of and I love to see pictures of different fish. I tend to ask a lot of questions, and I even learn things on threads that I answer a question to.

As far as the store it is common for them to lie and whatnot just to make a sale. Now you know better than any of us if your LFS is reputable or not but I wouldn't want to see you get screwed over on something.

we're not saying your a liar. we're just saying its not a name or description we've heard before so we're curious to know what it looks like and what it's characteristics are.
there are tons of different types of plecostomus and most of them just have an L#. i think theres about 20 that are just called "common plec" but theyre quite different.
so relax k? we're just trying to help.

Here's an example : http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/i-saw-a-zebra-at-the-lfs-129510.html People were on this thread for days just trying to figure out what kind of pleco this was.

:cool::cool::cool:

i'm sorry as well, i really wasn't meaning to come off sounding like i was questioning your intelligence. i was just curious because i couldn't find anything like what you were describing online. honestly, the fish you are describing sounds gorgeous, and i just wanted to see it for myself. obviously your LFS knows what kind of fish it is, so you can just get the care information from them. again, sorry to sound accusing, i never thought you were lying, just wanted to be sure you were able to care for the fish. personally, i would not be able to watch a fish grow up then give him back to the store. i would get way too attached! but, if you're able to do that, then that's your choice. if it were me, i'd probably end up selling our car or something to get it a bigger tank. lol. my husband would *love* that. :biglol:

sorry again, and i hope you're able to get some pics of this guy soon, i'm very interested in seeing this very cool sounding fish. (NOT because i think you're lying!! lol)

Back
Top Bottom