Zer0's 17.3G Shallow Rimless Cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol, don't hate on the Kittehs.

But yeah, i am waiting, but i plan to start my LED build in a week since my spring vacation begins in two weeks. That's when i'm going to try and get everything done. At least the LED to heatsink portion. Maybe building the housing can be done little by little while school is still on. Don't know yet. After the LED's though, all i need is my sump and then i'm ready to fill 'er up. I've got all the plumbing and everything already. :)

So syked for this.

Acrylic. More than likely. 1/2" thick so it doesn't warp or crack or anything like that. The temperature for 1/2" thick acrylic to bend or warp is somewhere around 280*F so i'm pretty sure i won't have any problems at all lol. If my heatsink gets anywhere near that number, i think i have other things to worry about then the acrylic lol.

Yeah, well see what it comes out to be. :) Only thing i'm a little angry about is that i don't really have the tools to make precision cuts on the acrylic, or to make rounded edges. So it will have to be basically a big square. Not that that's bad or anything, it's just that i've seen some nice LED fixture with acrylic housings that have rounded edges and awesome designs and what not.

think you're a funny guy with that little title-deal are you?

... well two can play at that game! HA

and you could always spend some time with a piece of sand-paper! thats something you could do little by little

rofl.. Nice sig dude. :p

And yeah, you are right, i could sit there with sandpaper and go at it for a while. Definitely something to think about. Anyone know what grit sandpaper to use for something like that? I'm thinking like 400 or something.. Or maybe 100, just to round it off quickly, and then 1200 to polish it.. or maybe 3000 to polish it.. Good idea Corey!

get a power sander. cheap and fast. Dont know how they work with acrylic though, never worked with the stuff

i would get about 4 different grits and just go finer as you see fit.

i was totally joking about that idea, but glad you thought it was a good one!

Yeah i'll probably do that. It's frosted acrylic so i don't need anything to polish it.. I just need to find the grit that matches the frost type.

Do you guys know if theres any way to glue acrylic to glass, I'm looking in to build a 30 gal rimless

What are you building the tank out of? Acrylic or glass? From what i've heard, acrylic doesn't attach well to glass at all. I've only attached acrylic baffles to my glass sump..

Back
Top Bottom