Ziggy953's 150 Build errrr....120 Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in the need of some macro and FREE is what i like. Was going to get some a Mr. Coral but he was about out and was not selling any when I was there on Saturday. Just let me know when you are ready to get rid of some.

I'll probably have some ready to go next week. I have two kinds in my fuge that I prune. Caulerpa and cheato. A lot of people don't like caulerpa but for nutrient export it works really well. I keep my fuge lit 24/7 to keep it from going sexual. I have yet to have any issues with it and I've been running my fuge for a little over 2 years now. I've probably thrown out enough macro to fill a 200g tank.

If you want a mix of both I can do that. Since you are in MD I will have to ship it to you so you cover the postage and the macro is yours free.

Well we can coordinate a trip to BRK. I can meet you there and give it to you then. Do you want to shoot for next weekend? Saturday the 11th?

I might try to get out there to. Don't really want to buy anything right now but I love to look.

I might try to get out there to. Don't really want to buy anything right now but I love to look.

That would be cool! I'll let some of the other folks in the area know we are planning a trip out to BRK and see if anyone else wants to join.

I put a post in the Local Fish Store thread in our regional forum asking for suggestions on times. I have no problem with anytime we decide.

Well things are really starting to look better in my tank. The cyano is just about gone. I've gone through a lot of salt mix to get there, but I guess that is part of the deal when you upgrade and stir up a mess.

My corals have finally started to show real signs of growth again. The RBTA is looking better every day. It doesn't have the "bulb" look to it as much as it did but the color is getting darker. My pink Pocilliapora is really looking nice. The color is starting to intensify again and it looks pink rather then brown. The ORA corals I have are starting to grow again. The Roscoe's is looking amazing and is fast becoming one of my favorites. The Hawkins is polpy-ing again so that is a good sign.

The giant toad stool that came from the 72 went through a strange transformation. Many of you may remember how tall it was with that enormous stalk. Well it litteraly dropped the stalk and is growing a new on but really close to the sand bed. It is tucked back in the left corner of the tank and seems very happy there.

I didn't realize how many mushrooms I had in the old tank. They seem to be popping up everywhere in this one. I have them growing in all levels of the tank. I ended up with a nice patch of GSP in the tank (not what I wanted but oh well) I'm hoping it behaves and doesn't try and take over. My Zoas that are in the tank are looking nice and I have more to add. I will probably have the top off the tank again this weekend to tweak a few things and add the rest of the zoas.

The fish are doing great. Very happy to be in something with space in it. I have to admit the tank still looks bare, but it is getting there.

That has always amazed me that in Florida of all places they don't have awesome LFSs

Yeah me too. I go to school in Daytona beach and the LFS's here are very poor. My home in the land locked suburbs of Chicago, IL have a few good LFS as it turns out. funny how that works.

I agree! I'm in the middle of VA (well not the middle) and we have a few great ones. Mike down in Richmond has some awesome ones as well. It just amazes me that right there in FL you can't get a decent LFS...

I am in the middle of the state in Orlando and there are none around here, however at my home in Miami there are a few decent ones.

Well nothing too exciting to report. Everything is looking pretty good. I need to get the top off the tank so I can finish putting corals in place. I may do that later tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom