Ziggy953's 150 Build errrr....120 Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was planning on taking several pics actually. I need to post some updates showing the growth of my SPS. I'll make sure to get some posted tonight or tomorrow!

Well as you can see I didn't post any pictures of the tank over the weekend. I also didn't make it to the LFS trip planned in my area. I ended up coming down with that nasty bug that is going around and spent most of the weekend starting Thursday night in bed. Thankfully it was a short lived bug and I'm feeling better. Unfortunately my tank has suffered from my illness as well. I have a water change due and I still have to get the rest of my corals in there. Hopefully this weekend will grant me some time to get that taken care of.

My 4 new acros came in today. I'm pleased with how they look and the packaging. As soon as I can find the camera I'll get some pics and post them. IT has gone on walk-about.

So the electronics gremlin has been sneaking into YOUR houses TOO!?

I thought he only took MY electronics, like my cell phone and ipod. Little boogar even put a small digital camera and a Nintendo DS in my washing machine....LOOK OUT....I think this is a high alert situation here people.

:)

what you have to do is leave a lot off dummy electronics around like old cell phones, tv remotes and such. that way the chances of them taking what you actually use is reduced. i almost caught one with a baited trap once but to my dismay the trap disappeared and the bait was left. :)

I have seen the gremlin in my house. He is about 3' tall with blond hair and blue eyes, and we do leave many dummy electronics out for him to snatch up.

I'm actually going to take some pics with my 35mm and have them developed onto a CD and do it that way. I have a Nikon 35mm and it takes FAR better pics then the point and shoot I've been using.

They aren't anything named that I know of, well three of them anyway. One of them is a green slimer. The other three are just acros. One is dark blue, one is redish with blue tips the third is yellow with neon green tips.

Unfortunately I fell on Friday and have injured my back to the point that I can't walk unsupported. So, I'll not be doing much of anything to the tank this weekend.

Anyway, all is well with the tank. I have a coral in the display that got knocked over but other then that everything is looking great!

I hate when corals fall in the display, I had that happen to my favorite piece which landed right in my torch coral. That piece died about a week later.
Those sound like some pretty cool colred acros you picked up. I have a green slimer frag too, after reading one of your posts a couple days ago about them being too aggressive and sliming everything nearby, I started second guessing my decision of having that coral. It does look pretty cool though and grows quick. So far I still have a lot of room before it gets close to any neighboring corals.
I hope your back gets better soon.

Hope your back feels better soon. The yellow with green tips sounds like a cool one. Can't wait for pictures.

Thanks guys! I messed my back up pretty good.

The green slimer will become aggressive if it is near another coral. That is the coral that fell over and is laying near one of my other acros. I'm going to have to get in there and stand it back up before it damages the acro. I have 2 slimers now. I didn't really want the one that I got with the other corals it just came with the pack. I do like the coral but one frag of it is enough. I'll probably put the new one near the other I already have so they can grow together.

Well I found the camera and thought I would post a few pics. I can't stand up very well so taking them was a bit of a task. These aren't the greatest but here are a few shots of the tank as well as a few from the frag tank. I really need to do some weeding in the frag tank. I have a bit of Bryopsis (spelling???) it is almost impossible to get rid of and nothing seems to eat it.

FTS as of right now. Sorry for the quality. This camera does not have a white balance on it so I can't adjust the color spectrum.
1012070smalluq1.jpg

Various pics
Giant toad stool (not so giant now)
1012065smallqx2.jpg

Looking from left side to right side of tank
1012064smalljj3.jpg

My silly clowns hosting in my duncan rather then the beautiful RBTA I got for them
1012062smallvo5.jpg

See what I mean? Beautiful isn't it?
1012061smallbm9.jpg

The only colony that survived the disaster. Pink Pocillipora. The pic does not show the amazing color that is finally coming back to this coral.
1012055smallna9.jpg

Wild and crazy ORA Pink Birds Nest. I had several frags that I just piled onto each other during the disaster/upgrade and they grew together. I set them in the crook between the rocks and decided to just let them go. I figured this could mimic what would happen if a storm broke a coral up on the reef in the ocean. So far they are growing like mad. You can make out the white tips.
1012053smallrk8.jpg

Here is what is left of my huge Armor of God Zoas. These are looking amazing and were only 8 polyps strong when I put them here.
1012052smallrv8.jpg

A quick shot of my mystery coral. Is it Undata, Confusa??? Who knows and I don't care anymore it is becoming a focal point in the tank. The pic does nothing to show the coloration of this coral. It is starting to spread on the plug and I'm pleased with the way it looks and where it is.
1012051smallgw3.jpg

My ORA Hawkins Enchanata, I was so worried about this coral during my mishap. It started to brown out and I was worried it was lost. I've had it back in the 120 for about 3 weeks now and it is growing again and the color is amazing. I know you can't tell from the pic but it is, trust me. I'll have to dig up the pics of it when I first go it, some of you may remeber but it has more then doubled in size.
1012050smalloq6.jpg

My Christmas present from my son. He picked it out all by him self, what more do I need to say. Oh it was about 2" tall when I got it.
1012049smallaf3.jpg

Some Eagle Eye Zoas. The are on the same rock as the AOG and a few other Zoas in my collection. My intension is to cover this rock with different Zoas ans see what happens.
1012048smallth0.jpg

Here is a quick shot of the Orange Montipora Cap that I lost. This si a frag that I was able to save. It is growing nicely in the frag tank. I'm not sure if I'm going to mount it in the tank or break it up and start more.
1012044smallae0.jpg

This is a shot of the 4 acros that I picked up and mentioned above. This isn't the greatest pic of them but I can't help it.
1012046smallny2.jpg

A shot of some Zoas I picked up a couple of weeks ago.
1012047smallfl4.jpg

It is getting there slowly. I haven't had time to do much to it other then regular maintenance.

I still have a lot of coral to get placed. I guess I will eventually. I'm not in a big rush as I like seeing how things grow and what direction I think they are going to go in.

Everything is looking really nice, I really like the new aquascape and the coral placement. Thanks for sharing the pics. I like that copperband. I have been looking for one for almost 2-months. I have been patient trying to find one that looks healthy and is eating!!! It is hard to find. I have only found 4-copperbands that were eating at the LFS. 2-had ich and the other 2-were a little bigger than I wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom