Ziggy953's 150 Build errrr....120 Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad things are turning back around for you Ziggy , tank is awesome
between reading neilanh build thread today and now this one my eyes are tired ,
but i could not stop reading , ,
but it is a inspiration to the ones who haven't started a SW yet on just how devoted you are to this hobby , i just want to say thank you for your thread

Thanks. The tank is starting to get back to it's former glory though still not as impressive as the 72 when I tore it down.

I'm glad you are following along with Neilan as well. That is the 72 I started with he bought it from me. He is really moving things along now and I'm glad to see his progress!

Thanks for the kind words!

Ok...Updates...Lets see...

A couple of weeks ago I met Neilan at BRK and picked up a nice little wrasse to help with my nudibranch problem. I've been wanting to get one of these for some time. Everytime I've been to my LFS they were sold out. I got lucky this time around and picked one up.

Lemon Meringue Wrasse:
1012326mediumqw5.jpg

Since adding this little guy to the tank I have not seen any Aeolid Nudibranchs. That is a very good thing because I was becoming discouraged with seeing my Zoas being damaged. Now they look great. Go little wrasse!!!

While on our little LFS Tour, Neilan and I also went to Fins & Feathers where I greedily snatched up a nice frag of Blastomussa. I wanted the medium sized colony but it was $70 and I was being good. Ignore the algae you see in these pics. I have been lazy/neglectful towards my frag system. Bryopsis is a pain in the but once you get it.
1012324mediumji9.jpg

1012323mediumgn5.jpg

I believe there are 5 heads/mouths on this frag. I thought it was pretty awesome and I couldn't pass it up for $15. I have yet to put it in the main.

After our tour of LFSs I went over to Neilan's house and offered some encouragemen, support and motivation to get things going on his tank. If you follow his thread you will know that we got the stand in the house the baffles put in the sump and the back of the tank painted. While I was there Neilan was generous and gave me a Mag 9.5 to put on my system so, I now have the Mag 9.5 running the 120 and the frag tank. I still have a Mag5 pushing in the 120 as well. Based on the performace of my overflows with this amount of return I'm going to keep it this way.

Fastforward....

Ok....post Christmas...

I got a Flame angel for Christmas and picked it up last week.

This is one of the 2 shots I managed to get of the fast, wont sit still little guy:
1012369mediumog3.jpg

I think as far as new updates that's all I have for now. Below are some new pics I took of a few corals in the tank.

Here are just some random pics I took of the tank today.

I thought this one turned out pretty neat. The Royal Gramma, the Lemon Meringue and the Copper Banded Butterfly were all looking at me like "WHAT?"
1012365mediumbu5.jpg

The still undesided coral. It is growing nicely. You can't really tell in the pic but it has encrusted over the top of the frag disk. It has an awesome electric blue rim that fades into purple and then into green. It is becoming on of my favs.
1012359mediumki4.jpg

This is probably one of the best shots I've managed to get of the Hawkins Enchinata. It has really grown over the last several weeks.
1012351mediumjv7.jpg

Another shot of my Zoa garden that is coming along nicely. I still need to add some other colors to it. I'm picking some up from a local reefer this weekend. Some Cat's Eyes and something else I forget.
1012349mediumcp4.jpg

Lastly a shot of the Giant RBTA that is in my tank. I'm hoping it will split soon. I keep being told to cut it and it will but I'm not going to do that. I would rather it do the splitting on it's own.
1012363mediumid3.jpg

You don't get a good idea on how monstrous that RBTA is until you see this...

Haha oooops, thanks zig

Last edited by a moderator:
It is really taking over that area. I have a baby blue acro that is being stung right behind it. I'll have to move the acro to another spot.

Looking good, that flame angel is gorgeous.

I hereby name the "undecided coral" "Ziggy's Maze"

LOL. That works for me. The pic does not show its true colors. If I had a better camera I might be able to share what it really looks like.

Actually I don't have any complaints on the speed that my corals grow. If I were more on top of things I could take weekly photos of them and show the growth but alas I am not as on top of things.

I need the pep talk to get motivated to build a sump and frag tank. Then I can get rid of some of the mess in my current frag tank.

I'm not sure if I will start a new thread for those builds or just include them here...since they are part of this system I will probably just document them here.....Suggestions?

Document it here it's already the Longest thread ever made..... This is the Hall of Fame thread so keep it going IMO... (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom