Ziggy's Nano Build (again)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I just tested the water....

Ammonia - 0
NitrIte - 0
NitrAte - 5-10

PH - 8.2 (confirmed probe with test)

Salinity - 1.025
Temp - 79

Diatoms are already starting to fade away. I can see the beginnings of Coraline growing on a couple of the rocks. I guess curing the rock for a couple months really helped things...

Off to the LFS this weekend!

Excellent - what are your plans for stocking?

I have fallen behind... my ammonia is still 0.5-.75 so probably another week for me.

I'm not all that focused on fish...

I'm gonna get a small grouping of chromis to start with...

I want a pair of black and white clowns and aside from that I don't really care. I want corals!!!

So I picked up some livestock this weekend. I went nuts!!!!

Fish... - 3 tiny cute lovable Green Chromis!!!

some snails...and of course a few Zoas...

some pics...

009co.jpg

I'm loving the diatoms that are going nuts...good lord...

007gqc.jpg

004aiu.jpg

005yq.jpg

The Zoas are starting to really open up. I've got my LEDs at about 50% right now. I don't want to cook everything. I've also ordered 14 more LEDs and different drivers so my RKE can drive them. That stuff is on the way. Also ordered the MLC and another PC4. Another LED light for my stand-alone fuge is on the way as well as replacement filters for my RO/DI system. I decided it was time to replace them.

yeah...second to last one are pink panthers...Mr. Coral..I made a trip out to his store today. I paid $10 per frag I got a total of 6...

So an update...

Tank is in good shape. I did another PWC the other night. I want to make sure to keep levels in good standing while the tank gets adjusted to the new bio-load. Fish are looking great eating well and very active. Zoas look nice and open up beautifully every day. So far things look to be in good order.

As soon as my other stuffs show up I will be making some improvements to the lighting and flow as well as adding the 5g fuge.

So far the only things that have showed up are the fuge light and the replacement filters for my RO/DI.

I'm waiting on the MLC, PC4 and the new LEDs. I expect to see them sometime next week. Guess we will see......

Some pics... tank is doing well. Diatoms are about gone and coraline is starting to show up on the rock. I also have featherdusters popping up around the tank.

001jrb.jpg

003flx.jpg

004pgy.jpg

006icf.jpg

010wqw.jpg

009efp.jpg

a new fetherduster
008msb.jpg

So I sat with my face inches away from the fuge for a bit looking and much to my amazement I have a TON of copepods!! This is exciting news! After closer inspection the skimmer section and return section of the sump are loaded with them too. I'm thrilled!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom