Ziggy's Nano Build (again)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I am looking at doing for my stand. This is not a model I built but one that I found that is very similar to what I want my stand to look like. I really like the idea of the sliding doors rather than swinging ones. I am still planning on making the stand a little taller than standard however not too tall.

What do you all think??

standa.jpg

So I ordered the heatsink today. I went with 5.886"x24". I've figured out how I want to configure the LEDs and from what I figure this will work out pretty well. Basically it will be set up like 2 bulbs over the tank 14 diodes each side. I'm planning on centering the unit over the tank with a 4" gap between each configuration of LEDs. I put it on paper and measured it off. I think this will work out nicely.

Off to Home Depot to look at some lumber for the stand. I've decided that the above is pretty much the design I'm going with. I like the incorporation of the power box in the stand.

I also ordered a drill guide for drilling the tank. I've freehand drilled a tank before but I would rather have the guide. I'm going to be putting 3 holes in this tank and I will be drilling a 10g as well.

I wished my stands had sliding doors it makes so much more sense than hinged ones. Got to follow this build!

I have to find the slides for it before it is a go.

I've decided that the stand will be painted a chocolate brown to coordinate with the decor in the apartment.

Current dimensions are going to be as follows:

Stand:

40x24x40 (LWH)

Canopy:

40x24x12 (LWH)

The canopy I'm still up in the air with. I haven't decided exactly on the dimensions but I'm going to start here and see what happens. I have an idea for this but have to do some research and figuring.....

My Heat sink is on the way...should be here tomorrow or Wednesday. Bulkheads are on the way along with the thermal adhesive. All current ordered items should arrive by Thursday.

I backed out of the skimmer deal and have decided to order one. I've narrowed it down to the Vertex IN-100, Bubble Magus NAC3+ Bublle Magus NAC 3.5 and the Reef Octopus NWB110.

I've also decided to get an controller to run the whole system. I figure if you are going to do it might as well do it right!!

Making SW right now... Have to get this rock cooking in some SW. I plan on picking up a little bit of LR this week some time to help seed the rock.

Here are some pics of the rock. It's a lot more than it looks in these pics. Some of the rocks are easily 10lbs each. nice large pieces.

005nrd.jpg

004qzgh.jpg

003jn.jpg

002axx.jpg

What do you guys think???

I'm bouncing between the Reefkeeper Lite and the Reefkeeper Elite...I really want the RKE V2 but not sure I want to spend the $350 for it. The RKL L3 Plus is $270 so the price difference isn't that much. I just haven't made up my mind yet

I just got the rkl and I love it. In my opinion you only need the rke to run multiple tanks. Some one posted a link about the reef angel. That thing looks awsome. And it's only 220 and come with 8 outlets, temp probe, ph probe, and dual float switches.

The lite version can only have 4 modules though. So it's not very upgradeable, I use the RKE ion one tank for now and am glad I got the elite version.It also have alot more alarms and timers to use.

I guess. But for the things you actually need a controller for the rkl is fine. I mean really y buy a moonlight module or run your light timer off it? I mean maybe a little less clutter but that ain't worth hundreds of dollars to me.

So what all do u have hooked up to your tank controller cary. I know heater, probably fan, ato, and pumps for wavemaker.

I have the 4 powerheads, heater, fuge light, my t5's, skimmer, pump, ato. I'm using all 12 sockets of my 3 power strips so I will need to get more. :-( Plus I'd like to have the moonlighting, my fixture doesnt have moonlights at all. lol And I was thinking of getting the salinity module. And if all goes well i will hook up another tank to it all. :-D

Yea see I just have the heater, fan, ato, and the next thing will probably be ozone. Then I could still get another strip and module but I don't know what the hell I would use it on. The net module maybe, but I thought about that and its just kinda gimmicky for me. I just think there are other better and cheaper ways to automate the rest.

I've pretty much decided after doing some research that I will spend the $350 and get the RKE. Being able to expand with the RKE will do me well when I buy a house in the next year and go much larger on my system. The RKL does the job but I want to be able to truly expand in the future and I think I will get that with the RKE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom