125 gallon lake malawi build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK so for lights I want to diy my lights with LEDs since I think it would be more cost effective the paying an arm and a leg for a 6' light lol are there any good brands for led strips I could get Aldo what kindve power source do I need

Oh and after some time with those cheap brand led strips they seem to fade some I would reccomend getting the 5050 ones there brighter.

Stopped in at a lps and got 40 pounds of black sand no larger then 20lbs a bag was available so I'm going to do a two layer two tone sand bed I'm going with play sand on the bottom with black on top total of about 100lbs will be used will be a washing fool today lol also scrubbing my DW today and start soaking as well also will be using some river rock I have as a base underneath the sand for when I get my lace rock and coral from my LFS will be getting that in next 2-3 weeks along with my getting supplies for my diy lights

Looking good.. i did a mix myself in my 125g i used black and white.. i really could use a bag more of black well maybe not a bag bc it came in 50lb bags.. cant wait to see the finished project

Looking good.. i did a mix myself in my 125g i used black and white.. i really could use a bag more of black well maybe not a bag bc it came in 50lb bags.. cant wait to see the finished project

Thank you can I see a pic or two of yours my bags come 20lbs so need I think maybe 2 more and then my lace rock got the drift wood in the dishwasher right now will do that a few times then soaking for a week or 2 won't be filling it for awhile

Here is a older pic of mine ... we plan to go to branson,mo in sept im gomna go and try to find some rocks and driftwood as i have been lucky here with anything i can use ... couldnt get photos to post so i ha to improvise ... sry if they get huge

62660-albums11865-picture58104.jpg

62660-albums11865-picture59734.jpg

Here is a older pic of mine ... we plan to go to branson,mo in sept im gomna go and try to find some rocks and driftwood as i have been lucky here with anything i can use ... couldnt get photos to post so i ha to improvise ... sry if they get huge

Looks good I like how the colors pop I'm glad I went with the darker sand really does make the colors stand out

Back
Top Bottom