125 gallon lake malawi build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK so I've been researching and trying to figure out a lighting system so can any of you share your s on this size of tank how much brands price all one 6ft light system or two separate systems the ones I've found are well over 500-600$ that s to much for me

Id go with shop lights,glass tops,build a canopy(for a fraction of the cost of the lighting you were looking at)& is a much cheaper option assuming your not trying for a lush planted tank since you're keeping Africans...by the way what lake are you selecting your fish from?

Id go with shop lights,much cheaper option assuming your not trying for a lush planted tank since you're keeping Africans...by the way what lake are you selecting your fish from?

Lake Malawi and your right I'm not doing a planted tank I will look into shop lights I keep over thinking things lol oh and I want to do peacocks

Thank you I've been working on researching them

image-1853357812.jpg

These are my two big peacocks in my tank right now, the blue nyassae runs the tank. Also have a smaller red Jacob and three obs. Love the peacocks, gonna pick some more up Wednesday.

These are my two big peacocks in my tank right now, the blue nyassae runs the tank. Also have a smaller red Jacob and three obs. Love the peacocks, gonna pick some more up Wednesday.

Awesome fish how much do they usually go for I don't know prices in my area yet

Awesome fish how much do they usually go for I don't know prices in my area yet

Depends, those two in the picture are about one year old males, my lfs sells them for 50 dollars, gave them to me for forty though. You can get juveniles for 10 to 20 dollars usually.

Depends, those two in the picture are about one year old males, my lfs sells them for 50 dollars, gave them to me for forty though. You can get juveniles for 10 to 20 dollars usually.

OK cool that gives me an idea on price range thank you whats their normal diet and how large do they get I know an average but I want to hear it first hand

OK cool that gives me an idea on price range thank you whats their normal diet and how large do they get I know an average but I want to hear it first hand

Im still knew to cichlids as well actually. But everyone raves about new life spectrum, I use it, and they have seemed to color up wonderfully since I brought them home. Those two wont get much bigger, probably top out at 6 inches. Pretty peaceful fish, for the most part. Like I said, that blue guy is the king of the tank, and is always chasing my German red peacock, because he is the next biggest male. But I plan on putting another large male peacock in there, which should cut down on the chasing

Im still knew to cichlids as well actually. But everyone raves about new life spectrum, I use it, and they have seemed to color up wonderfully since I brought them home. Those two wont get much bigger, probably top out at 6 inches. Pretty peaceful fish, for the most part. Like I said, that blue guy is the king of the tank, and is always chasing my German red peacock, because he is the next biggest male. But I plan on putting another large male peacock in there, which should cut down on the chasing

I've heard of new life spectrum, I'll research the different diets and foods used the names of some of these fish still get me going what? Lol, I mostly see the scientific names so it throws me off sometimes

OK so slight change in plan my wife's birthday is this weekend so the egg crate and sand will wait until I get paid next oh and if anybody is looking for pool filter sand don't go to aquaquip pool supplies their sand isn't sand anymore its actually a glass based material now just that company though, others are different hardware stores cheaper anyways thought I'd throw that out there

Quick question I've been looking for egg crate problem is I get so many images idk which is which can anyone post a pic of what you used much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom