55 gallon ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

armenkk1

Aquarium Advice Freak
i might be setting up a 55 gallon soon and want peoples input on what I should put in there. I most likely want a community tank but if there is a nice looking larger fish I wouldn't mind that

African cichlid tank!!! That's what I did to mine or couple blood parrot they grow pretty big.

Angelfish, a multitude of the dwarfs (1 type in the tank but there are many to choose from), blood parrot, firemouth if you got a stronger of the tetras- this is a maybe, I've read a number of conflicting things about it, keyhole... That's all I can think of for now:)

I have community tanks with many different types of dwarfs in them, so I'd have to disagree on that point.

There are tons of fish to choose from for your 55. Some examples: Angels, kribensis, bolivian rams, nannacara anomala, laetacara curviceps, keyhole cichlids, apistogrammas, Boesemani rainbows, turquoise rainbows, cochu's blue tetra, kerri tetra, purple passion danios, harlequin rasbora, pork chop rasbora, marble hatchets, peacock gudgeons, kuhli loaches, zebra loaches, orange lazer cories, false julii cories, clown pleco, pitbull plecos, leopard frog pleco, farowella cat, and panda garras.

should I do African or south American cichlid tank? which ones are easier to breed.

dwarflionfishlover said:
should I do African or south American cichlid tank? which ones are easier to breed.

Some people would say south but I LOVE my Africans and one is holding right now!! They are mouth brooders and carry the eggs in their mouth. Africans can be hard . I'd go with Africans though .

dwarflionfishlover said:
and how many african cichlids could I put in 1 tank

Maybe 10-20 because you need to balance out aggressiveness in the tank. Some people get 2 filter because of bioload.

so if I went with those I would probably get 3 different species so how many of each species could I get for a 55

Back
Top Bottom