Am I overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmats

Aquarium Advice Freak
75 gallon tank
Fluval 406 filter

3 kenyi - 2 female one male
1 44
1 Snow White zebra
2 auratus -1 fem 1 male
4 ice blue red top
1 blue zebra
2 electric blue johannis
2 yellow labs
2 acei
1 red jewel

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I don't think you are. While I'm normally not a fan of stocking one or two of each species I've done it myself with stray fish from my fish room, and it's worked out well. I generally like to pick 3-4 species and build my stock around that. Here was one of my misfit tanks.

27198-albums2128-picture14133.jpg

27198-albums2128-picture14135.jpg

There's a website called
http://aqadvisor.com
You can put in size tank, filtration capacity, and fish and it will tell you how stocked your tank is, how much filtration capacity you have, and water change schedule. Granted I change much more than recommended personally, but it gives you a general idea of where you stand. Very helpful! It will also give you warnings that certain fish may not be compatable, that the Pleco may need driftwood, etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I don't think you are. While I'm normally not a fan of stocking one or two of each species I've done it myself with stray fish from my fish room, and it's worked out well. I generally like to pick 3-4 species and build my stock around that. Here was one of my misfit tanks.

27198-albums2128-picture14133.jpg

27198-albums2128-picture14135.jpg

very nice colors on those fish Hukit. What do you feed? and what chemicals are you using? do you add cichlid lake salt or trace?

Back
Top Bottom