Angelfish food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cafrye

Aquarium Advice Regular
What is the best food to feed angels?
I have started a new 75 gallon tank and it only have angels in it. They are all very healthy . I have been feeding them flake food and blood worms and some brine shrimp.

Any suggestions about other foods to feed them.

I currently have 5 aquariums (2- 75 gallon) and I have had fish for about 30 years. But I have not had a tank with just angel fish before so I want them to be healthy and to eventually reproduce. My cichlids are always reproducing and so do the guppies but I have recently had my albino cats lay eggs and I have saved one baby albino.
Thanks for any suggestions.

well your feeding good so keep it up. with angels and breeding clean water is my most stressed point. just curious how many u have in this tank. any way be prepared when they pair up to breed they will become very territorial. i breed all mine in 20 gallon tall tanks. i have 5 pair so far and tons of baby ones. i also pull the eggs out and hatch them my self so if i can help please pm me any time

There are 8 in the tank, I have a Fulval (not sure if that is spelled right) X5 and a biological filter plus soon I will have a UV filter for the tank too.
I am big on excess filtration for all my tanks.

I have absolutely zero experience with angels and I mean zero, but there are quite a few in our local club who swear by Angels Plus flakes for their breeding programs.

Angelfish Flake Food

Last edited:
I have absolutely zero experience with angels and I mean zero, but there are quite a few in our local club who swear by Angels Plus flakes for their breeding programs.

Angelfish Flake Food

I use thier food and have for a long time and I think it's very good quality and all my angels love. And funny as this sounds angels like some greens in their diet so I feed my angels cooked, deshelled, frozen peas, smashed before feeding about every 3rd day. They love them and it keeps them from nibbling on my fine leaved plants.

Back
Top Bottom