Aquascaping!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichlid.Keeper

Aquarium Advice Freak
Got a new 65g aquarium. 36" in length 18"deep and 24" high, amazing aquarium from deep blue professional

Anyway I am putting in a sand and crushed coral substrate and already cleaned driftwood from my other tank. I need help, ideas of fake plants, rocks, etc. to make a good home for African cichlids.

Thanks in advance!!!

Rocks like lime stone also known as Texas holly rock can use slate rock *** well plants silk loom real and for real plants go with Anubis and onions for some reason ciclids don't like how they taste and won't eat those

Rocks like lime stone also known as Texas holly rock can use slate rock *** well plants silk loom real and for real plants go with Anubis and onions for some reason ciclids don't like how they taste and won't eat those

Where can I find this type of rock?

Lime stone can be bought at your LFS or some landscaping places where they sell rocks. Volcanic rock lock nice too most guys go with river rocks you can even use quarts rock just whatever is in your budget and that won't make the water acidic

Lime stone can be bought at your LFS or some landscaping places where they sell rocks. Volcanic rock lock nice too most guys go with river rocks you can even use quarts rock just whatever is in your budget and that won't make the water acidic

Do they have to be cleaned somehow. And how costly are they?

Unless you think the source is contaminated but in that case don't use. It. Either at a landscaping yard or at your LFS they should be fine any unwanted bacteria doesn't typically live on dry rocks

Unless you think the source is contaminated but in that case don't use. It. Either at a landscaping yard or at your LFS they should be fine any unwanted bacteria doesn't typically live on dry rocks

Ok thanks. Anything else I should know about them? Choosing, cleaning, ph changing? Etc?

I don't have a better pic at the moment. So here it's kinda what I have ciclid subtrate sand and Texas holy rock with quarts mixed in ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389637993.024186.jpg

And live plants I have onions and Anubis because I prefer the natural look but it's all how you want yours

I live in Colorado so the quarts I have found on the mountain side the Texas holy rock or limestone was 2:50 per pound at my LFS and the plants ranged from 4:98 to 17:00 dollars each

What part of Colorado are you in? I might be able to tell you where to get some decent rock. I have lace rock in my african set up and got it local to me.

I live in Colorado so the quarts I have found on the mountain side the Texas holy rock or limestone was 2:50 per pound at my LFS and the plants ranged from 4:98 to 17:00 dollars each

Oh ok great!

I have 6 peacocks 2 mbuma with 1 syno cat and know body eats them I think they don't like how those taste but any other plan I tried was gone in a day or two. They still bite a leaf or two off every now and than but that's it. But your mixing SA with Africans... Missing plants might be the least of your worries i know some guys can pull it off but it's never recommended SA get way to big but you can try anything once

Alright sounds good. The s/a are peaceful with community fish right now. So it's worth a shot.

Back
Top Bottom