Bumblebee catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cole_russell

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 2 of these which are getting almost to their full size and have been destroying my planted community tank, I was curious if they'd become punching bags in my malawi tank or even be able to survive the ph? They're nocturnal which seems pretty common for most catfish and are awesome at hiding. Please let me know I'd like to save my remaining small fishes.

Had a couple of these a while back and it was quite astonishing as to what went missing in the night. Swordtails, GW Panchax, as well as a few more predictable tetras and similar. Needless to say they didn't last long. Mine were the SA type which according to most internet sites are pretty harmless. Shows how seriously you should take some of these sites at times. I'd imagine they would not get killed with your cichlids, but I sure as hell wouldn't keep them with your small fish any longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

One of the biggest mistakes I've made, I paid the equiv of 25 dollars for the two and they caused havoc in my tank. Sometimes you can be surprised in a bad way in this hobby and it's often if you take internet profiles of fish as the final word. That's why sites like this are good, people can give actual life experiences as advice rather than what they've read in the internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I only paid like $3 each but all the fish that have disappeared since I put them in are about $25

Back
Top Bottom