buying used tank this weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

haleybeth30

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm getting my 125 this weekend.. There are 4 severums in it and live plants. 2 of the fish are 2 in. and 2 are 5-6 in. Oh, there's also a Hymno(sp?) blue neon? I have no experience/knowledge with these except they need sand. Would my 2 in. oscar, 2 in. jack, 1 in. jewel and FM, tiny convicts work? My oscar is separate now, I could keep him in a 55 grow out.. Also, is there anything I can do to help the severums. There will be established bb, but will have to replace a lot of water after the move. Should I treat the tank for possible disease a few days with Melafix or microbe lift just in case? Suggestions welcome,
Thanks

I would not mix the Oscar with the others as at some point trouble will occur. I would, if you have capacity, leave the tank to cycle a few days with only water-No fish. If not, I would be ready with a carbon filter.

it comes with 2 rena 300.. canisters. Will that help? I can wait on my fish, but have no where to put the severums/hymno. My lil oscar is in a 20 with the rest of mine in a 55.

Could't I eventually add them together, after oscar grew out a litle and if convicts aren't a pair? minus the hymno, I'm not sure about him.

Not sure about the larger severums either.. are they "nice"

maybe I should take hymno and larger severums to lfs and add smaller eeverums in with mine

If I took the 2 large severums and hymno electric blue to lfs would I still be overstocked? That would be 8 fish, I think. I might end up taking my jewel back too, little fin nipper!

So, you'd have a JD, Oscar, FM, Two convicts, Two Severums, and the jewel? I'd take the Jewel back for sure. But I think with the JD, O, FM and Two Convicts and Two Severums you MIGHT be okay. What kind of filtration?

(Personally I'd do the JD, O, FM, and 2 Cons, and thats it. Or 1 con and 1 Sev.)

I will, I like the one sev and 1 con idea. That way I don't have to worry if the cons will breed and wreak havoc =)

I've also been advised to wait with my lil oscar. I will keep him in a 55 until he's about 5 in.

Yes cons are mean little boogers. Just don't feed the Oscar live food or else when you put him in the tank he'll try to eat them. He'd be fine in the 55 if you want to keep him in there.

Back
Top Bottom