Dwarf Cichlids!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I politely disagree, I still stand by a 20 gallon long for each species, but some of the smaller apistos will work in a 10

She could be ready to breed, or shes just a mean girl

Yeah lol i think she may have laid eggs because she always sits next to this flat rock and drift wood and chases anyone who comes near away. The male swims around on the other side of the tank but then the female darts out of her position and chases him.

Guys I need some advice. In my ten gallon, my male is probably the most colourful one I have. But, he is a bit of a bully towar the girls. They both lost their yellow colours. I added a brighter, yellow female today to see if that would help. Any ideas?

Guys I need some advice. In my ten gallon, my male is probably the most colourful one I have. But, he is a bit of a bully towar the girls. They both lost their yellow colours. I added a brighter, yellow female today to see if that would help. Any ideas?

Trade him out for one of the males in the 30 and see if the size helps. Otherwise you may have to trade him or risk losing females.

Ahhh! That went awful! Well, because my main tank is so heavily planted, I couldn't catch the males i wanted. So i just got a random male. Then in the little tank, I caught the male, but he jumped and hit the carpet! I put him in a jug ready to move him and he does the exact same thing! That really really stressed me out!

Well at least you got them switched. IME carpet is better than hardwood lol. Ive had a few of my africans jump out while feeding. i just pick them up and toss them back in.

Well at least you got them switched. IME carpet is better than hardwood lol. Ive had a few of my africans jump out while feeding. i just pick them up and toss them back in.

Yeah I dropped a platy once on wood flooring! Still survived for another 3 months!

I just got a pair of kribs and I must say, they are already my favorites. All of the other fish I have kept are scared of anything with a heartbeat and swim to the other side of the tank any chance they get. But these guys seem so smart to me. They are inquisitive and curious. And they seem to love attention.

I just got a pair of kribs and I must say, they are already my favorites. All of the other fish I have kept are scared of anything with a heartbeat and swim to the other side of the tank any chance they get. But these guys seem so smart to me. They are inquisitive and curious. And they seem to love attention.

They are very smart and mean lol. I liked mine a lot but they were mean as could be lol

Is it possible two have bred? My brightest yellow female seems to of disappeared. The only place she can be is the cave and she isn't coming out. The male pops his head out every so often, but won't attack any other fish. What's going on?!

Is it possible two have bred? My brightest yellow female seems to of disappeared. The only place she can be is the cave and she isn't coming out. The male pops his head out every so often, but won't attack any other fish. What's going on?!

They may be scooping out the cave to decide if its suitable, once eggs are laid the female wont tolerate anyone by the eggs even the male after he fertilizes them.

Back
Top Bottom