Dwarf Cichlids!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They may be scooping out the cave to decide if its suitable, once eggs are laid the female wont tolerate anyone by the eggs even the male after he fertilizes them.

Ah okay. She left the cave so I guess it's a no go. Tomorrow I'm going to try and remove ALL apisto's from both tanks apart from one. That one will be the single female. Then I am gonna try and pick the biggest brightest male. Then leave them in as a pair? Thoughts or suggestions?

Ah okay. She left the cave so I guess it's a no go. Tomorrow I'm going to try and remove ALL apisto's from both tanks apart from one. That one will be the single female. Then I am gonna try and pick the biggest brightest male. Then leave them in as a pair? Thoughts or suggestions?

Sounds good just make sure he won't beat on her

Is the RO unit easy to use? I might ask for one for my birthday! Are they expensive?

Not at all, mine was $70. Just hooks up to the sink and let it run. I turn it on before class and come back turn it off after. it will fill a five gallon jug in a little over an hour. That's my only
Complaint just slow. Also for every good gallon you waste 2 of water

Not at all, mine was $70. Just hooks up to the sink and let it run. I turn it on before class and come back turn it off after. it will fill a five gallon jug in a little over an hour. That's my only
Complaint just slow. Also for every good gallon you waste 2 of water

When you say just hooks up to the sink, do you mean you just attach it to the tap? If it is that it's really easy! I'm now really interested in shell dwellers but I have high nitrates ( 40ppm) I was considering RO but then they like hard water so I can't :(((

It comes with an attachment to hook up to the sink then the tube plugs into that. Then turn on the water and you have perfect water. Just get replenish and make your water hard again

Wow! They're beautiful already! I was thinking of having shell dwellers in the ten gallon or a 20-25g tub? ( if it was the tub I'd have to set it up when we find a new house.) thoughts?

You could do a pair in a 10. That way when they spawn you can keep some. IMO 5-6 would work in a 10 alright.

Thanks a bunch! If they do breed I will hopefully have room to move them to another tank! I will be keeping my apisto's though. But maybe I should try something which might suit my tap water a little better.

Back
Top Bottom